Commander
# 21
07-26-2012, 08:16 AM
i'm happy to announce i finally got the few remaining datalogs i needed to upgrade the reman set to mkII. not a bad set and i really like it, but 3 piece borg and maco 12 shields are still the best.

i played the vault much more relaxed a couple of times after getting all the datalogs i needed. i really paid attention to what was going on.

many in the vault have no idea what is going on. they are waiting on someone else to get the objectives and kill all the enemy.

when obisek calls people to meet him at the door many players are already there; clueless that they must clear the rooms or complete objectives.

poor weapon choices or not good at using weapons choice. i generally used mkII antiproton beam and DHC on a peregrine fighter. worked well for me. i could slow down near a BOP and with rapid cannon fire take it out fast. peregrine fighters are very fast.

funniest moment; a guy was flaming at everyone telling them they needed to destroy the orbs as he set next to the icon to remodulate 1. i just set there watching and was amazed he did not "click" on it to remodulate. just kept typing away about blowing up orbs. too funny.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
07-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor759 View Post
My team hit this problem today, we started at 5:55pm and were most upset not to get the datachip at the end. It is hard enough with shuttles without getting kicked at the end because the goal posts have moved and nobody said anything. Please put the vault event back as it was, keep the big ships out but base it on the starting time not the finishing time!
I have revised my position on this - datachips are awarded for the full hour - you need to start your run 10 minutes before the event start time - this will ensure that your group finishes while the event is underway. (Unfortunately not many players seem to have caught on yet.) You need a group who know how to do the event with the right equipment. It is no good belly aching when you do not have the right gear or an understanding of the tactics required. Even so it has to go like clockwork and it makes it very tough for newbies - at the moment there is no walk-though on Wiki for them to study. You need to start your last mission with 20 minutes left on the event timer. If you finish 1 second after the end time you will not get the datachip. It is not so much fun as it was before when you could get a big ship in if you knew how, no one forced you to fly one but it made the job of obtaining datachip's a lot easier especially when a minimum of 96 are need to achieve the Purple Mk XII set (which is well worth having.). A lot of people complained however and players were accused of cheating! With the new setup it is now a very long term project as you will be very lucky to get 3 datachips per event and most players will probably become bored with the process and give up. All in All what was a fun hour has now become a bit of a grind.

Last edited by thor759; 07-26-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Reduce the number of Datachips needed for upgrades
Commander
# 23
07-26-2012, 11:23 AM
a big ship in the vault did not always guarantee a win. however, before season 6 my win rate was probably 3 out of 4 at least. after season 6 it was probably 1 out of 8.

as i stated earlier, i really like the set, but at this time i don't have it in me to get another 89 datalogs. i have another set and one left over datalog (a souvenir), so assuming all upgrade attempts were successful that would be a minimum of 89.

perhaps later when people figure out how to do the mission. right now most players are lost in there.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Rihannsu
# 24
07-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Vault sucks, did it at least 12-15 times in a row and only got past the room once and got crap for it. Stupid! Elite STF's are easier and make more sense.
Ensign
# 25 Fire at will
07-27-2012, 06:00 PM
I tried Fire at will. It does target the invisible fighters, but honestly leaves you lacking in firepower for the Birds of Prey. Seems I'll just stick with torpedo doffs and spread torpedo.

Is there a way to avoid the Thalaron beams? I seem to always be parked ready to explode when it happens in the last room. Which is strange because I thought I've avoided them in the past.

Now partying like its 1999 on the forums.
Starfleet Veteran
Spent a very frustrating hour with some good players trying to get past room two last night. Try as we might we could not clear it - the spawn rate of Warbird's seems to have increased to the point where it is now impossible!!!! It would be interesting to know if anyone has been successful since the last patch?
Lieutenant
# 27
07-31-2012, 10:32 AM
i just wish i could be a lil more successful, since once you get 10 datalogs, you can still fail the doff assignment, which ive done the 2 times ive been able to get enough datalogs...ive lost 10 through failure. the only reason why i bother because its the closest to a romulan warbird i can get
Captain
# 28
07-31-2012, 10:41 AM
I believe the spawn rate of the WB's in the second room is tied to the orbs around the objectives. I haven't quite confirmed this but the few times I've played with others VERY familiar with the event I've noticed the WB's spawn less often when those orbs have been killed.

Can anyone else confirm this observation ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
08-02-2012, 08:24 AM
You are correct, but we have hit the objectives as required but still cannot clear the room, re spawns do not seem to cut off!!. To me there is a bug since the patch on 26/07/12 - hence the reason for asking if anyone has succeeded in completing the mission since then. I have filed a bug report but it is pot luck whether any action will be taken. Please bear in mind that we were obtaining 2/3 datachips per event prior to the 26/07/12
I suspect that PW do not really want you to upgrade the Re-Man set anymore as they generate no income from it.