Empire Veteran
# 261
08-03-2012, 12:11 AM
This bothers me. Silly...eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
Hi Shadowcats,

I'm adding a new general rule for promotion to Shadowcat Elite, which is another requirement you need for promotion, which is that you must have at least 50,000 fleet credits, meaning you've helped contribute to the fleet. This will help the Shadowcat Masters make promotion decisions.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by rickpaaa; 08-03-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 262
08-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
I'm looking for some foundry missions to play and I'd love to promote those created by fleet members. Let me know if you don't mind me recording my first ever playthrough of your creations!
I'd like you to try "Ferasa", just need to fix 1 typo first. And it would have to be on your Ferasan.
# 263
08-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
Hi Shadowcats,

I'm adding a new general rule for promotion to Shadowcat Elite, which is another requirement you need for promotion, which is that you must have at least 50,000 fleet credits, meaning you've helped contribute to the fleet. This will help the Shadowcat Masters make promotion decisions.
so then I assume I'll be demoted :/

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Career Officer
# 264
08-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
This bothers me. Silly...eh?
its the price of fame, and being a 'high' profile fleet.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Republic Veteran
# 265
08-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzy4 View Post
so then I assume I'll be demoted :/
I'm not demoting anybody. General grandfather rules apply. If you were promoted before this rule went into effect, your promotion stands. It took me just over a week to get to 100,000, so it isn't that bad of a rule.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Community Moderator
# 266
08-03-2012, 02:03 PM
As Bob said, no rank demotions unless someone does something terribly bad; besides which our rules are pretty flexible. That rules I put in place because well, it shows that you deserve the promotion for starters, because you've been helping the fleet, rather than playing solo within a fleet. Also if you want the promotion, the rule creates incentive to contribute and those contributions get you fleet marks which you can use to purchase fleet items provided we have provisioned fleet stores. Without provisions no member can use our fleet stores, so it's important we continue to stock up our provisions by completing fleet projects that grant those provisions.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Empire Veteran
# 267
08-03-2012, 06:22 PM
More than anything, I wish that I could figure out how to make use of PMs in this new forum. I would also love to have the gift of being able to make a point without being pissy.

The rule is fair, but changing them, and the timing of the change isn't. Oh well.

Existence is dhukka.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Republic Veteran
# 268
08-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
More than anything, I wish that I could figure out how to make use of PMs in this new forum. I would also love to have the gift of being able to make a point without being pissy.

The rule is fair, but changing them, and the timing of the change isn't. Oh well.

Existence is dhukka.
We are trying to be fair to our fleet members. But right now, we are trying to properly figure out the appropriate blend. With so few provisions, we have to limit who has access to them. Fleet contribution is a great way to determine who has given to the fleet. The idea is to not allow the provisions to be spent by people who do not participate.

The timing is going to be bad due to the fact this feature was added after the fleet was created. If this feature were in place when we formed the fleet, we would have been able to determine everything then.

However, please keep in mind this is just an official announcement of an unwritten determination the Masters were already using. All of the cats I have promoted to Elite had 100,000+ contribution to begin with. We just set a number to what we were already doing.

So really, nothing has changed. You just now know about it.
Rihannsu
# 269
08-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Quote:
I understand the frustration of limiting provisions and then moving the goalposts after a system has gone live but this is very much a work in progress for all of us. In hindsight this would have been set up at the start but its difficult to tell how the system will work until we see it in action. fleet leaders are learning just as much as the rest of the fleet is about how it all works. there is never a good time to change something but it wont be any better the longer its left.

At the moment we are very much concerned that someone could steal everyone's hard work. not necessarily tomorrow or next week but perhaps 6 month or a year down the line so we have to plan for all occasions and a few extra restrictions that are not that difficult to overcome will be a huge benefit in the long run to save anyone trying to steal all of our hard work. sadly being generous and trusting may work 99.9% of the time but its the 0.1% that we have to account for.

We could change it again in the future based on experience of how its working or if cryptic make a change to the system (which they more than likely will at some point knowing them). so expect this to be quite fluid.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Republic Veteran
# 270
08-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Why is it always me? Whenever I want to post something for everyone to see I get relegated to the bottom post of the page.

Oh well. This is just a space filler. Turn the page...