Empire Veteran
# 41
08-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim83 View Post
The fleet weapons are good weapons. During ground fleet actions and episodes that don't involve borg, they are extremely effective. I just don't know if they're worth the asking price. In fact, I know that they aren't. 24k FC is more than you pay for a fleet ship. And 10k dilithium is more than you can refine in a day - both spent on a single ground weapon that is not even all that useful in the most popular ground missions in the game (STFs). Honestly, dilithium shouldn't even be part of the equation. What's the point of having Fleet Credits at all if you're still going to charge dilithium (besides landing PWE more zen sales)?

The fleet weapons are good. They're just not THAT good. It's the fact that you could simply wait for a couple Prototype Salvage drops from any elite STF (which doesn't take long at all) and get a comparable weapon without throwing away valuable resources that make these weapons a hard sell. For 24k FC and 10k Dilithium, they shouldn't be comparable with anything. They should be better than everything - much better. As is, they are worth 25k FC at most. I know Cryptic needs new ways to suck up all our dilithium and earn more zen for PWE, so why not do yourselves a favor and make these weapons worth the asking price?
That's a good point. Space anti-borg purple Mk XII weapons, with [acc], cost only 2k dilithium (one proto borg salvage). Fleet space weapons cost a lot more: 10k dilithium. It's just not worth it. Unless they remove the dilithium cost, it will never be more competitive than the borg stuff anyway.
Career Officer
# 42
08-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroon View Post
Only downside being the 10K Dilithium you have to pay in addition to Fleetcredits.
Definitely! It's like being slapped in the face after being kicked in the groin! These ridiculous sinks are making me not want to play at all!
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
I just replied to the similar thread about Advanced Ground Weapons, and a lot of the same comments apply here. Rather than copy and paste, here's a link to my reply to that thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=23

The other designers and I do read these threads and listen to your feedback. If you have specific data that demonstrates that weapons with DMGx3 + 1 additional property are performing poorly, I'd be glad to review that data. In the meantime, I'll be looking at the numbers internally to see if any improvements need to be made.
LOL, Just LOL.

There won't be any data showing poor weapon performance, the issues here are ROI related (a word CRYPTIC knows VERY WELL, at-least dstahl does). Maybe you other devs should familiarize yourself with it too.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/...#axzz22SxzvXkp

It's simply far to expensive and not worth any type of benefit that you are offering for going through this Starbase process. I think there are several threads at this point regarding that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
08-03-2012, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
Oh, that's right, half of you can't be arsed to get on the Test server and actually give your input to improve the things before its released.
Why should I get on what is laughingly called a "test server"? They don't take feedback from it. The game was released to Holodeck the same week as their event, which doesn't give time for any relevant changes to be made. The bugs and complaints people did have were all ignored. The ones that weren't ignored were given the reply of "what you see is 5 or 6 iterations behind what is actually going to be released" which is pure BS (and if it isn't, again, what is the point if we can't test what is ACTUALLY going to be released? The Tribble server is nothing more than a glorified preview of what is to come, and they could care less what we think.

I personally submitted 6 or 7 tickets on Tribble during the test, and posted in the forums, and every item I posted a ticket for (and nearly every one I commented on in the forums) still made it into Holodeck. So you tell me, what is the point when they could care less what their customers think?

But to answer your question, Starbases weren't even released on Tribble until about 2 weeks before the system went live. Even the official test fleet (Cryptic Tribbles) didn't get T2 Engineering until this week (or maybe late last week, regardless it was after the system went live).
Empire Veteran
# 45
08-03-2012, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhornet View Post
[...]

It's simply far to expensive and not worth any type of benefit that you are offering for going through this Starbase process. I think there are several threads at this point regarding that.
basically this

couldn't have said it more eloquently if I tried.
Dork - I.K.S. WeeBugger
Empire Veteran
# 46
08-03-2012, 03:31 AM
This is pretty clear cut. If STF weapons are the best available, don't bother with anything else.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 47
08-04-2012, 05:57 PM
I agree, Devs!!! DMG is the worst! Please considder something that is more special like at least ACCx2... Please
Commander
# 48
08-04-2012, 06:12 PM
One Dev Archon's responses was:

"First off, every additional modifier takes additional time to make, as well as additional time for QA to test for functionality and balance."

This is unfortunate. I think I can say this for everyone here, that we recognize and appreciate all the time you invest into your work and efforts to make this game. However, this starbase grind although maybe fun for some players but for others mostly pvp players, it is not the reason why we play this game. We play for the PvP and its enhancements. Hence, we also are putting in our time and work, while we could be appreciating a good old pvp match. Most pvp fleets if not all, are working on their starbases. They are doing this to stay competitive in a very competitive community of players.

So, when you are as kind to let us know what details it takes to enhance these weapons, we at the same time fully recognize and understand what it takes. We too make an effort to acquire something that is not even worth it in this case.

Please recognize that if these weapons are made worth acquiring it would further progress the common goal of balancing the game. Example: Fleet ships have increased number of consoles, turn rate, hitpoints etc. One of the counters to this is better weapons and consoles. Childrens toys doff mission does offer a solution to this, however is not something readily available for most pvp players. It involves the acquisition of some very expensive and very very rare doffs to have tangible results. However, the biggest necessity to counter the "upping" of everything, is the upping of weapons.

More hitpoints, consoles, maneuverability, should all be met with more accuracy to inflict the necessary damage needed to counter those three categories.

I will also go on to say that the PvP community has worked hard to address some bugs in the past, and helped your work become easier by testing/finding problems with the game. In return, please make this starbase thing worth while for us too.

Thanks for your time.
Career Officer
# 49
08-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
One Dev Archon's responses was:

"First off, every additional modifier takes additional time to make, as well as additional time for QA to test for functionality and balance."

This is unfortunate. I think I can say this for everyone here, that we recognize and appreciate all the time you invest into your work and efforts to make this game. However, this starbase grind although maybe fun for some players but for others mostly pvp players, it is not the reason why we play this game. We play for the PvP and its enhancements. Hence, we also are putting in our time and work, while we could be appreciating a good old pvp match. Most pvp fleets if not all, are working on their starbases. They are doing this to stay competitive in a very competitive community of players.

So, when you are as kind to let us know what details it takes to enhance these weapons, we at the same time fully recognize and understand what it takes. We too make an effort to acquire something that is not even worth it in this case.

Please recognize that if these weapons are made worth acquiring it would further progress the common goal of balancing the game. Example: Fleet ships have increased number of consoles, turn rate, hitpoints etc. One of the counters to this is better weapons and consoles. Childrens toys doff mission does offer a solution to this, however is not something readily available for most pvp players. It involves the acquisition of some very expensive and very very rare doffs to have tangible results. However, the biggest necessity to counter the "upping" of everything, is the upping of weapons.

More hitpoints, consoles, maneuverability, should all be met with more accuracy to inflict the necessary damage needed to counter those three categories.

I will also go on to say that the PvP community has worked hard to address some bugs in the past, and helped your work become easier by testing/finding problems with the game. In return, please make this starbase thing worth while for us too.

Thanks for your time.
PvP, Starbase, What? What is PvP? And the dev is right, dmg x4 is the best weapons u can get! Pretty obvious dmg means damage, which is what weapons should do right. Highest base dmg id even say the [dmg] mod is somewhat overpowered atm..

Especially since they buffed the quads.
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
This is pretty clear cut. If STF weapons are the best available, don't bother with anything else.
Let's not forget the real key, they (STF/Borg weapons) are much easier to receive also. It's a shame they spend so much time and effort planning this stuff out, they obsoleted their own new weapons on arrival.

Now let's say you gave us [ACC]x3 instead, we would probably be drooling on our keyboards right now. Oh wait maybe even help PvP out a bit, you know, just maybe?