Cryptic Studios Team
# 41
08-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Meh, it sounded a bit negative, but I certainly took no offense to the question.

Yes, black textures on environment assets would be assigned to me or one of the other environment artists to address.

No, I can't reveal what I'm working on at the moment.

Being an Environment Artist is a job. And like any job, I have tasks that I have to get done by certain times. I am currently working on those tasks. If my schedule in the future gives me time to fix bugs, I will do so. If I get ahead on my schedule, I will often fill in some time by bug fixing. Black textures on ships would fall to the ship artists to fix. They are in the same boat I am in terms of following a schedule.

Bugs are subdivided and given priorities based on severity of the bug. Something that is quite literally breaking the game (not just as professed by some players), is going to be addressed as quickly as it can be. Something that is cosmetic, has no effect on game play, and for most people, there is a functional workaround for (such as here), are lower priority, and will be addressed as time allows. Many of these have been addressed, and many more will be, I just don't know exactly when that will be.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?

Last edited by tacofangs; 08-02-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Kri'stak KDF Bridge still venting into space

I was happy when I saw that the original Season 6 patch notes mentioned 2 KDF bridges had their open space errors fixed especially since I had sent in 2 different tickets a while back but was disappointed to discover that the Kri'stak still has this problem as it is the one bridge I have been wanting to use but it is nice that the Lukara was fixed so at least that is one more usable KDF bridge.

Kri'stak Error

http://i50.tinypic.com/503bkw.png
Career Officer
# 43
08-03-2012, 04:50 AM
@tacofang: This is way off topic but I hope you'll consider it anyway. There is a small map I would like to see returned to the game. The Lounge fromt he old ESD. Are there any plans to make this a special limited reward for fleet starbases to add?

Now for a topic related question. :p Is there any time frame or rough guestimation for DX11 to be out of beta for STO?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 44
08-03-2012, 07:05 AM
I don't know that there are any plans for the old lounge. I'm honestly not even sure what it looks like. It's possible it could be re-incorporated somewhere, at some point, but not likely within Starbases.

DX11 Progress is still ongoing as far as I know. All of that is handled by the Graphics Programming team, who is separate from the STO team, so it's really up to them when it's all done. I haven't heard any ETA.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Captain
Career Officer
# 46
08-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
It's in the Foundry.
Career Officer
# 47
08-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I'm honestly not even sure what it looks like.
i don't have a screenshot, but i found the artwork for it some time ago...

somewhat like this:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1076902...95010626255954
Commander
# 48
08-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Cryptic should just recycle the old ESD into some type of of war torn Empok Nor like starbase for the KDF & Feds to fight over. Make it an event, STF, or PvP map, anything would really do.

I understand making new stuff takes alot of dev time, so I figure recycling old stuff would make way more sense for everyone.
Career Officer
# 49
08-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
Cryptic should just recycle the old ESD into some type of of war torn Empok Nor like starbase for the KDF & Feds to fight over. Make it an event, STF, or PvP map, anything would really do.

I understand making new stuff takes alot of dev time, so I figure recycling old stuff would make way more sense for everyone.
I had discussed something like that with a friend of mine a while back. Have a KDF side mission based on old intelligence where the Klingons take ESD. The old map though signifies their data being dated though.

Thanks for the answers, tacofangs! Greatly appreciated!
Survivor of Romulus
# 50
08-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
i don't have a screenshot, but i found the artwork for it some time ago...

somewhat like this:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1076902...95010626255954
Seeing all that Perpetual artwork makes me sad.