Empire Veteran
# 51
08-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3of9 View Post
I guess people don't know that Cryptic intentionally made it possible to move Dt between characters via the Dt Exchange?
There really is no reason I can think of why EDCs/Tech shouldn't be account bound.

That is not strictly true. You cannot directly transfer the Dil that way, as you have to sell the dill as Zen and then buy back the Dil to put it in the shared account.

This makes the transfer ability a partial exploit, even if it is quietly allowed by the Devs. If they really wanted to you transfer it they would have given you the option to do it directly either in the exchange or in your account bank.
Career Officer
# 52
08-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
The Bind To Account stuff does not apply to special "one-off" items like the Borg tech.

However, this IS retroactive for all items you have which are NOT already bound.

Case study:
You picked up a sweet (BoE) Purple Mk X Thing of Awesomeness, and you didn't equip it. After this change, it will now be Bind to Account on equip.

Another:
You picked up another of these Things, and it's now equipped and bound to your Captain. After this change, it will still be bound to your Captain.

Hope that makes sense.

Making STF Tech Drops "Account Bound on Pickup" has to happen. PERIOD.
I don't think this is one that the community will ever let you get away with.
Because to be blunt, this is the ONE thing where this Account Bank will actually impact the players GAMEPLAY.

Case Study 1:
Player has 11 Characters (hey that's me!).
Main Character has Mk XII STF Set unlocked.
Looks AWESOME, plays AWESOME!
Player wants to keep playing Main Character and hand loot drops down to Alts.

Current STO build reality:
Player needs a Spreadsheet to know which STF's to do, with what character, to not accidentally end up with 2 tech drops of the same type on the same character (say 2 ground Shields), and never plays with his awesome looking Main Character anymore because THAT GUY already has all the items, the other 10 don't so they have Priority.
Of course playing the other characters in STF's forces the player to use the annoyingly slow remodulator, which hurts the whole team because he can't be as effective as he could be with his other char.

-> STF Gear, more precisely the "Requisitions" -> account wide has to happen, PERIOD.

The current STF loot System is a headache for every ALTaholic.

And now please consider that many players don't even know what STF Tech Drop drops from which STF... which will result only in disappointed/angry/sad Players.

With LOBI the situation is even worse, but i don't care since i decided to no longer open these Boxes. (i will buy anything in the C-Store that is an account wide unlock and Slots as needed, but i will not gamble with my money or support PER CHARACTER Ships/Costumes/Whatever...)

/had to be said,
i know it's not your decision Zero but the more Cryptic Employees are aware of the situation on the Players end, the better.
-> let the powers who be hear the Feedback
Career Officer
# 53
08-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noctusxxx View Post
That is not strictly true. You cannot directly transfer the Dil that way, as you have to sell the dill as Zen and then buy back the Dil to put it in the shared account.

This makes the transfer ability a partial exploit, even if it is quietly allowed by the Devs. If they really wanted to you transfer it they would have given you the option to do it directly either in the exchange or in your account bank.
You don't have to sell anything. Just offer your dilithium at 25 per Zen point and simply withdraw the offer. Then you can log on to another character and withdraw the dilithium....
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Career Officer
# 54
08-03-2012, 11:11 AM
A lot of nice work Cryptic, although, I do support currencies being bind to account (please make this possible).

I would also like to see most Accolades account wide too.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Empire Veteran
# 55
08-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
You don't have to sell anything. Just offer your dilithium at 25 per Zen point and simply withdraw the offer. Then you can log on to another character and withdraw the dilithium....

That is still an exploit, rather then an intended mechanic.

I'm not arguing to be mean. I just want the Devs to not have any wiggle room to make excuses for denying us the ability to trade gear that we have already put the time in and earned between the characters on our account.

Frankly, when they put the Account Bank in place they should have run a script that flagged every piece of existing gear that was not set to a unique tag or that was not on a list of excluded items as BoA.

As it is they tossed the system into play half done and have been back peddling ever since. If I cannot trade the gear to my own toons that I have spent the last 895 days earning then the option serves no purpose, and I would rather see it removed completely then be in place at all.

Last edited by noctusxxx; 08-03-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Career Officer
# 56
08-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
The Bind To Account stuff does not apply to special "one-off" items like the Borg tech.

However, this IS retroactive for all items you have which are NOT already bound.

Case study:
You picked up a sweet (BoE) Purple Mk X Thing of Awesomeness, and you didn't equip it. After this change, it will now be Bind to Account on equip.

Another
You picked up another of these Things, and it's now equipped and bound to your Captain. After this change, it will still be bound to your Captain.

Hope that makes sense.
Wow that sucks so the answer is no, it is not retro active
Retroactive would mean it would to apply to all bound items under the fore mentioned category. Common sense would dictate no to penalize the long time player by not giving us the same advantage as a new player, but what do I know I am only a genius with common sense?

So no it does not really make sense........
Thank you for listening to my feedback

Last edited by palpha2clearance; 08-03-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 57
08-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Tried this on Tribble: After equipping my Phased Tetryon Beam array MKXII Purple thing of awesome on my Recluse - It still would not let me store it in my Account bank???

What am I missing?

Was hoping this would work as I have not equiped any of my MK XII Phased Tetryon weapons that I have been collecting for my Recluse.

P.S. Love all of the new changes / fixes in this patch! (My KDF thanks you for the leach fix!)

Last edited by raud1; 08-03-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 58
08-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raud1 View Post
Tried this on Tribble: After equipping my Phased Tetryon Beam array MKXII Purple thing of awesome on my Recluse - It still would not let me store it in my Account bank???

What am I missing?

Was hoping this would work as I have not equiped any of my MK XII Phased Tetryon weapons that I have been collecting for my Recluse.

P.S. Love all of the new changes / fixes in this patch! (My KDF thanks you for the leach fix!)
The patch has been delayed. (so tribble is not running this)

No ETA on when they are doing it.
Lieutenant
# 59
08-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
  • Fleets:
    • Fleet events should now properly take local and server time into account.
    • Fleets should no longer be spammed with fleet event messages.
Not sure if you're aware of this, but on Holodeck several fleets have reported being unable to make new events at all in addition to the Fleet event spamming:

Related thread

Short version: On Events tab, the "New" button is grayed out, and when you mouseover it says you can't have more than 16 events. However, no events are listed or upcoming, so the system must be counting ended, cancelled, and/or deleted events against that total of 16.

I've made multiple bug reports on this issue (2 in-game, 1 through website) over the past 2-1/2 weeks or so, and I have yet to hear any response at all.

Can you have someone look into this please?
Career Officer
# 60
08-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Account bind the EDCs.

Account bind the Lobi crystals.

Remove the Lobi crystal from that mission and offer a character-bound token for a 1-Lobi item instead.

Dilithium movement is already possible and simply not as big an issue as the team seems to think. Making EDCs account bound allows for us to take whatever character is right for the group makeup, not only and always take the character we want to gear. As it stands now, it is difficult to get a balanced group simply based on the lack of variety in the players seeking to get their gear.

I would happily run my KDF Engineer or Fed Science on STFs if it meant I could use the EDCs and Salvage/Prototypes on my KDF Tac to unlock Honor Gear...

But under the current system, I have to only run my KDF Tac, and never run anyone else until I've gotten what I need!

This is a shortsighted system... time spent in-game on any character be it for Marks, Dilithium, or Borg tech, is time spent on the game. Give us the versatility by giving us the account bind and stop worrying about the Dilithium migration, it simply doesn't matter in the end.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.