Commander
# 21
08-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Something that's been happening lately, and is rather annoying: People using Red Alert channel for recruiting.

Most people I've spoken to about the channel have said that they have it set to red text that catches their attention immediately, when someone types in it. When my mind shifts gears to action mode, from whatever I was doing, and I prepare to move quickly to another sector block before the RA is gone, only to realize it's someone recruiting in the wrong channel...it's pretty annoying. It would be like some company using the Emergency Broadcasting System for advertising purposes; you hear the beeps, stop everything you're doing to listen, then realize it's an advert. It sucks.

/rant

People recruiting in zone chat isn't bothersome, though, as long as the message is only repeated once every few minutes.
Captain
# 22
08-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
We've had this very thing sinse launch.
D'you mean the find fleet tab in the social list. I mean a place, highly visible (most useful on ESD or Quo'Nos) where people can post fleet spam to their hearts content so they don't have to risk being silenced by other users. Dunno how easy that would be to implement but it would be very useful
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Career Officer
# 23
08-03-2012, 02:38 PM
This is great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmapoint View Post
1 - Politely, ask someone to join in your fleet if this person don't have any fleet.

2 - Offer the invite *before* sending an invite...

3 - Is better to send an invite to a friend, always

4 - Offer a fleet invite to who talks the same language of your (in my case, portuguese).

5 - Offer an fleet invite, but before, show your fleet's website, spend some time talking about of your fleet and other things before sending an invite.

In my case, my fleet value the quality of the members. We spend a lot of time teaching, explaning, helping and chatting, making tutorials or guides to our members or people who wants to join with us. We don't send blind invites becuse we make friends of at least good relations with friendly people before sending fleet invites. Is a good thing to do, and works really well.

If you want only numbers, is easily to send any blind invite to anyone by random. But to have a good quality, you have to work carefully with a lot of attention to your veterans and newly members.

No problem to send fleet invites, but plis, spend some time chatting and making at least a relation with other people, a friendly relation to become a friend and member or at least, a friendly person if he or she turn down your invite. Members are temporaly, but friends no.
For recruiting I take my Eng toon into low level Deep Space Encounters with weapons and targeting on manual. If I find a Lt or LtC that's bitten of more than they can chew will heal them while drawing fire without interfering in any other way. If this results in a team or friend request (and often does) then it's time to offer an invite complete with answering any questions and follow-up.

Demonstrate good gamesmanship and team play. It's quite often successful.