Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19
# 21
08-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah Las Vegas!!
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 22
08-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Congratulations to our winners!!

From commenting on the blog: cervezahunter
From RT our tweet: @SNZach
From "liking" the Facebook post: Kelley S.

Winners must respond to the messages that were just sent to them with the requested details by Monday, August 6th, at 11:59 AM PDT or their "prize" will be forfeited.

Full details about the contest can be found here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=626471

We'll see you in Vegas next week!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 132
# 23
08-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Congratulations to our winners!!

From commenting on the blog: cervezahunter
From RT our tweet: @SNZach
From "liking" the Facebook post: Kelley S.

Winners must respond to the messages that were just sent to them with the requested details by Monday, August 6th, at 11:59 AM PDT or their "prize" will be forfeited.

Full details about the contest can be found here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=626471

We'll see you in Vegas next week!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ummmm I don't know about where you are, but up here in Canada this is a long weekend, with Monday being a holiday. Depending on where your prize winners live and/or if they have lives out side of STO (hard to believe, but it DOES happen. My Fleet Roster is proof enough), they may not even get your message until Tuesday(, heck maybe even later!!).

I Guess what I am trying to say is that a weekend seems like an awfuly short timeframe to expect a reply, particularly on the more dated contests.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 91
# 24
08-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncutter001 View Post
Ummmm I don't know about where you are, but up here in Canada this is a long weekend, with Monday being a holiday. Depending on where your prize winners live and/or if they have lives out side of STO (hard to believe, but it DOES happen. My Fleet Roster is proof enough), they may not even get your message until Tuesday(, heck maybe even later!!).

I Guess what I am trying to say is that a weekend seems like an awfuly short timeframe to expect a reply, particularly on the more dated contests.
the rules where post with the contest that said they had till monday. if they not able to respond in time they should not have entered.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 132
# 25
08-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theparanoid View Post
the rules where post with the contest that said they had till monday. if they not able to respond in time they should not have entered.
Sure, and the reason for the short deadline on the Vegas contest is rather obvious but.......

Really? They said that for the Facebook contest? And for the RT Our Tweet (which I can't even remember seeing TBQH)?

Seriously, for the later two, If I am mistaken I will certainly apologise.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
# 26
08-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Congratulations to our winners!!

From commenting on the blog: cervezahunter
From RT our tweet: @SNZach
From "liking" the Facebook post: Kelley S.

Winners must respond to the messages that were just sent to them with the requested details by Monday, August 6th, at 11:59 AM PDT or their "prize" will be forfeited.

Full details about the contest can be found here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=626471

We'll see you in Vegas next week!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Where am I supposed to see my message at? E-mail, Facebook? Does this count as excepting the prize? ...
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 27
08-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncutter001 View Post
Ummmm I don't know about where you are, but up here in Canada this is a long weekend, with Monday being a holiday. Depending on where your prize winners live and/or if they have lives out side of STO (hard to believe, but it DOES happen. My Fleet Roster is proof enough), they may not even get your message until Tuesday(, heck maybe even later!!).

I Guess what I am trying to say is that a weekend seems like an awfuly short timeframe to expect a reply, particularly on the more dated contests.
The Blog states that they will be contacted through the means that they entered, not in-game.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 132
# 28
08-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The Blog states that they will be contacted through the means that they entered, not in-game.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Yes, I understand this.

I am simply saying that the time frame for a response from your customer/winners seems a little unfairly short for the more dated contests. Were they expecting a decision this week, then perhaps they might be looking out for this. People are generaly busy on weekends. that's it, that's all.

For example, it is only by bad luck that I am home this weekend, elsewise I was supposed to be up at a friends cottage hours ago. I can promise you there is no way I would have been looking at a computer, phone, or even smoke signals this weekend had I gone. I certainly would not have been happy had I come home Tuesday Morning to find I missed out on a prise for a contest I entered MONTHS ago. Weekdays on the other hand....

BAHH!

Why should I care? I didn't win. Hell, I didn't even enter.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:45 PM.