Career Officer
# 1 Fleet Bank Thief
08-06-2012, 11:51 AM
This is a heads up to the leaders of the fleets of STO. We recently had a player that was trusted in the fleet. He waited until he earn a high rank in my fleet and then he stole from our fleet bank and left.

This did not effect me at all but it does effect the players that are new to STO and need this gear. Players like this player ruin other peoples experiences with fleets. Players like him should not be allowed to be in fleets.

There needs to be punishment for people for conduct fleetbank theft. If a dev happens to read this. Please come up with an idea on how players can be punished for bank theft.

Last edited by imperialmirror; 08-06-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Rihannsu
# 2
08-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Naming names is a no-no here in the forums...
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
Naming names is a no-no here in the forums...
QFT.

OP, you need to edit your post to remove the alleged offenders name. It will only get you unwanted mod attention.
Captain
# 4
08-06-2012, 12:14 PM
in before close, and ban!
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 5
08-06-2012, 12:30 PM
The players name was removed. I may be a lifetime member but im still pretty new to forums.
Commander
# 6
08-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialmirror View Post
There needs to be punishment for people for conduct fleetbank theft. If a dev happens to read this. Please come up with an idea on how players can be punished for bank theft.
The punishment is called: Fleet politics.
If you can't take care, others won't do it for you. Sounds harsh, but that's reality.
Career Officer
# 7
08-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialmirror View Post
This is a heads up to the leaders of the fleets of STO. We recently had a player that was trusted in the fleet. He waited until he earn a high rank in my fleet and then he stole from our fleet bank and left. This player is {removed}

This did not effect me at all but it does effect the players that are new to STO and need this gear. Players like this player ruin other players experiences with fleet. Players like him should not be allowed to be in fleet.

If you see this player in game, im not saying to never allow him in your fleet. Im just saying to watch him. I didn't and he ripped our fleet off.
Sorry, no such thing... technically, there is no bank/robbing raiding in STO. The player only used the access that was granted them by the fleet leadership. He had access to withdraw, and he did.

My fleet life has become some much happier since I realized this little nugget. I dont restrict my bank too much. Everyone with rank above recruit can withdraw (within limits). If I didnt want that much taken from the bank, I would set the limit lower.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Commander
# 8
08-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
in before close, and ban!
LOL...

The only fair way I can think of to manage fleet banks etc. is to put a minimum vote system into the fleet banks wherefore anyone trying to withdraw anything would have to receive at least three or more votes of approval from other fleet members before the withdraw of the items could take place. This of course would be with the exception of the fleet owner.
Captain
# 9
08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Theft indicates that something was taken without having free access to it.

The fact that you promoted him to a rank that allows taking sufficient items indicates that this is not the case.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 10
08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Thank you Johnny. I have taken the steps to restrict it. I thought i was too strict to start with but the player that "stole" from us proved me wrong. I'll have to discuss bank policy with my fleet counsel. Thank you again