Career Officer
One of the problems I had under the old Foundry was getting NPCs to wander the map for me. On some maps it worked. On others, they just stood in one place and wouldn't move. I have a nightclub mission with lots of NPCs who stand still instead of walk the halls. No amount of fiddling with settings would force them to move.

I played my mission last night and found the same problem. Is there a way to adjust the many buttons in the wander settings to get these guys to actually move? There are so many sliders available that I was at a loss as to what to do. I moved wander speed and idle time, but they didn't do anything. Getting movement from these guys will really add a lot of ambiance to my mission.

Thanks
Career Officer
# 2
08-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Just to be sure, did you publish the mission when testing it? The wander paths aren't built until the mission is published.
Career Officer
# 3
08-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Good point. I ran the mission last night "as-is" and no one would wander. I played around with the wander sliders in Edit Mode and republished, but didn't play it again "live". Maybe it'll work now.

Do you know if this was a bug that was going to be fixed with Season 6?

Has anyone played around with the wander sliders to come up with a strategy to best utilize them yet?
Career Officer
# 4
08-06-2012, 12:47 PM
It's how the foundry works I believe, the pathing isn't created until its been published. It's extremely evident with boffs you get on away missions, they are constantly getting suck in the foundry but in the holodeck version they're fine.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
08-06-2012, 01:33 PM
IIRC, a speed of 5 gets you a walking pace, 10 gets you a jog.

How I always do it is I set the distance, duration and path nodes as high as they'll go, and maybe a little idle time and weight, but low on the slider.

And yeah, to test wander you must publish the mission and then play it in the live environment rather than on a foundry character.

And keep in mind it still seems to be broken for space.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic