Career Officer
# 31
08-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
This is really @#$$ idea. Social items are an annoyance - period.
agreed
Career Officer
# 32
08-06-2012, 03:34 PM
I would like to see a lobi-store popper. Make it cost 200 lobi, one fire extinguisher, one explosive party popper, and one fiery party popper. Give it some awesome new effects, like shooting out giant tribbles that give out knockbacks to everyone in the cone on a percentage chance, just like the winter event snowballs, put everyone in the cone into Devidian mode, etc.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
08-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by preechrsa View Post
I would like to see a lobi-store popper. Make it cost 200 lobi, one fire extinguisher, one explosive party popper, and one fiery party popper. Give it some awesome new effects, like shooting out giant tribbles that give out knockbacks to everyone in the cone on a percentage chance, just like the winter event snowballs, put everyone in the cone into Devidian mode, etc.
So you're asking for an item that will purposely knock down players or physically put them into a mode they had no intention of doing? No, just no. It would be the most abused item by the griefer fleets out there. They changed the Biothermal Dampaner for a reason, stop asking to replace it with something just as bad or worse.
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
NO TO ARC!!!
4 Year Veteran
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
08-06-2012, 04:17 PM
More party items? GREAT idea!! We can also add Hello Kitty, oversized heads to our toon and lots of pink everywhere!!

(I hope you can spot sarcasm, OP. More party items? I cannot think of a more inane and vacuous idea.)
Captain
# 35
08-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Why don't those asking for this just be open about your intentions? "I want a new free toy that I can really annoy people with." A little honesty is good for the soul.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
08-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Why don't those asking for this just be open about your intentions? "I want a new free toy that I can really annoy people with." A little honesty is good for the soul.
Truer words have never been said.
Ensign
# 37
08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
I think it's clear by now that most objections to more or even just the current celebratory social items are the product of the ulterior motives of a collective of shall we say, depressingly narrow-minded players. In fact the only objection based in reality might be not wanting the game to be filled with out of place visuals, although arguably the character creator alone renders this idea moot. And how fortunate that the Star Trek canon is filled with setting appropriate items anyhow! Here are my ideas:

-Mirror Universe Horgon: emits a visible aura of genetically engineered mirror-universe Risean antipheromones designed to keep away the unwanted advances of the unclean!

-Zefram Cochrane's Flask: Loudly plays "Ooby Dooby" as your character drunkenly stumbles around, spilling the flask all over everything for 10 seconds.
Lieutenant
# 38
08-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighclops1 View Post
-Zefram Cochrane's Flask: Loudly plays "Ooby Dooby" as your character drunkenly stumbles around, spilling the flask all over everything for 10 seconds.
Cryptic, if you make this I promise I will spend as much money in the C-Store as needed to get it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
08-06-2012, 06:40 PM
And I'll spend all my time not playing so I don't have to see it.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
And I'll spend all my time not playing so I don't have to see it.
So we all get what we want, great we could reach a consensus.