Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Ensign
# 21
08-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
If it ain't broken, don't fix it... And IMHO, it ain't broken!
White doffs sell for several times more than greens and often more than blues now on the market, if you can find them at all. If that ain't broken I don't know what is.

It's shocking how much money a low level player not in a fleet can make by just selling his white doffs on the market. In fact the easiest way to upgrade a white doff to blue is to just sell it off and buy the blue outright (and pocket the change!). The situation is nuts.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmaxwell View Post
White doffs sell for several times more than greens and often more than blues now on the market, if you can find them at all. If that ain't broken I don't know what is.

It's shocking how much money a low level player not in a fleet can make by just selling his white doffs on the market. In fact the easiest way to upgrade a white doff to blue is to just sell it off and buy the blue outright (and pocket the change!). The situation is nuts.
Yup, I agree. The economy is busted.

This caters to the large fleets with folks playing from Open Beta or whatever the right term is that have tremendous amounts of EC and stuff to throw at starbases. More power to them, but the current deck is cast in their favor.

but for us, new comers, I just have to accept it for now and go very slow.

<sigh>
Commander
# 23
08-06-2012, 10:42 AM
well at tier one, after uve provisioned everything there is only 1 project per type (military,sci,eng) that yields 1000 xp, so you kinda have to que the same one up over and over again.

i think if they increased the amount of doffs given via the academy doff projects from the personel officer or shorten the 2 day cooldown, cuz not enough doffs are flowing into circulation for the amount going out which is dramatically increasing the demand and cost of them, making them harder and harder to get for the average player

Commander
# 24
08-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
They want the requirements to be absurdly high and the method of obtaining more be from doff packs. That's what Season 6 is all about: Buy more Zen!
i refuse to spend real money on something im only going to use 1 time

Lt. Commander
# 25
08-06-2012, 11:53 AM
For any reasonably-sized fleet, the 1k XP projects aren't really an issue; the Doffs are generalized, which means each time you run an academy mission set you are guaranteed to obtain two relevant Doffs. The real problem, imho, stems from requiring named Doffs for the operational assets.

Devs, these are the big things for Starbases. They give your fleet nifty toys to play with. We can requisition equipment with ease, either through the normal 20hr projects or by tossing in 200k dilithium for a 30min project. Those are fine. But to ask for *named* Doffs in excessive quantities results not in people using these wonderful new toys, but rather increases arguments within fleets over incredibly costly and finite resources, hoarding of toys so their use is only seen in private Fleet Defense, and even the complete disregard of striving towards obtaining.

My fleet is not small, but the requirement of named Doffs means that it solves more problems to ignore the project than to slot it, as the payoffs do not equal the reward. No named Doffs should be required for a normal project, as that only exacerbates the farked-up economy we current "enjoy" and leaves the majority of players to ignore a big freakin' piece of content y'all keep saying you worked so hard on building.

Will the reverse Doff grinder possibly fix things? Probably not, if you allow it to spit out civilians like the current requisition packs love to in droves at the moment. Easy fix is to bring the operational requisition missions in line with the other two, which, while it won't drop the prices of Doffs in general, will at least allow the majority of players to enjoy this new content. The current state is just sad, with entire fleets ignoring content because it's absolutely worthless...
Career Officer
# 26
08-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Has anyone explored the idea of changing the way DOFFs are used in Star Base Projects?

I have a few suggestions... when it comes to Star Base and Projects...

My First Suggestion is to change the number of DOFFs (White/Green/Blue/Purple) that are consumed or Permanently Assigned to the Star Base to something much smaller, then add a new item "Temporary (Science/Tactical/Engineering) - Duty Assignment" to all projects that require DOFF's this item will be earned by players in the fleet by doing new DOFF assignments.

My second suggestion comes from spending hours turning in items and people being some what frustrated by "not being online when project go live", Allow people to denote fleet marks/dilithium/items that are required for missions to a "pool" place a cap on the pool so its not an endless pit of FLEET Credits, also this allows people to prepare for upcoming projects without feeling like if they dont log in they wont be able to donate. Example: Add a pool for Dilithium (200,000), Fleet Marks (2,000), Particle Traces (250), Data Samples (500), Shield Generators (1200)... ECT
Republic Veteran
# 27
08-06-2012, 12:19 PM
What about adding the ability to hire (buy) common doffs using GPL? It would give value to GPL and allow people to get the doffs they need for their projects.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansect31 View Post
I do believe that the DOff requirements for some of the projects are completely unreasonable. The fleet I'm in in particular has about 20 members but none of us have any Sensor officers left... and these are now going on the exchange for about 1 Million EC each - which is basically a complete and utter joke when they are worth more than Purple quality DOffs. It's just built an unreasonable market.
The market is not unreasonable. Actually it behaves like a real market, prices change based on demand and availability, and this is good. Perhaps the amount or strictness of speciality could be tuned a bit, but I like how it all works out.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sortof View Post
The market is not unreasonable. Actually it behaves like a real market, prices change based on demand and availability, and this is good. Perhaps the amount or strictness of speciality could be tuned a bit, but I like how it all works out.
Sorry, I see your point....but my issue is this caters to the very large fleets that can just combine resources and bombard the Starfleet Academy with recruitment missions.

It grinds things to a halt for a smaller fleet that dont have unlimited bank rolls.

Thx