Rihannsu
# 21
08-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Over 30-day old thread...

But anyways...as I've said countless times before...if you want equal content then produce the same volume of players with an equal interest in the Klingon story. Those numbers will not lie. They will prove that there is an un-tapped source of potential income to be made by providing more Klingon content.

Until then, be happy that you do have more than "monster-play".

At least the Klingon faction is playable.

Last edited by pyryck; 08-06-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 22
08-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
SNIPPED
Thanks, though to clarify. I only believe the aproach they have taken to the KDF, as far as growing it into a full faction has been half-assed.
I actually find the pure KDF missions they have made to be excellent and wish we had more to finish our gameplay.

And some KDF centered agnostic STFs.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Republic Veteran
# 23
08-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
Over 30-day old thread...

But anyways...as I've said countless times before...if you want equal content then produce the same volume of players with an equal interest in the Klingon story. Those numbers will not lie. They will prove that there is an un-tapped source of potential income to be made by providing more Klingon content.

Until then, be happy that you do have more than "monster-play".

At least the Klingon faction is playable.
This is the kind of backward logic Cryptic has been using for a while now. The argument could be made if the Klingon faction had equal or almost equal content to the Federation, but without that, there is no reason not to assume that the people do not play KDF because there is no content. The faster levelling since F2P doesn't cover it up.

To me the cheapest way to create new content for both factions would be to revamp PvP. First of all, a basic ranking system with three tiers so that players don't fear PvP. Second, content needs to be diversified. Different types of PvP scenarios, more diverse rewards and some basic territory control + a Romulan faction. A diverse and perhaps more strategy based PvP (or even player with player interactions, like trade missions) would be able to satisfy end game players while allowing the devs to focus on developping the KDF and possibly a Romulan faction (which I'm still hoping for, lol)
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Since this won't sink down soon anyway, I can just chime in. Do I have to bring black robes, candles and some unholy tome to chant from? Nevermind ...

On topic: I'm pretty sure the numbers don't lie, ~13-20% of the player would be interested in playing Klingon. Why did I use bold set for that? Because there's the mistake they made when asking their questions: they asked for Klingons.
Of course few people like Klingons. They are ugly and brutish. Yes, with honor, courage, and all the other virtues, a lot more intersting to RP, a lot more scenic, a lot more fun ... yeah, I'm prefering Klingon side myself ... but that's not the average.
And I wouldn't want to see the numbers if they asked for Nausicaans instead.

BUT(!): what they failed to ask was Orion. Yes, the Green Space Hookers. In WoW, introducing Blood Elves on Horde Side, which to that point had pretty much only ugly races, managed to fix a faction imbalance from >2:1 to nearly 1:1. Just overnight.
Why? How? ... Well, because people don't like to be ugly. And especially the juvenile males have only ONE set of options that they prefer above "handsome heroic male hero who gets the girls" ... and that is "the hot chick that makes you play with a constant boner". Sorry for being blunt

STO alreay HAS these. STO just fails to capitalize on it. KDF fails to capitalize on it. If you went around and asked people what they'd rather play, the hot human/trill/bajoran in miniskirt and mirror universe top, or the hot green chick in ... a lot less clothing ... you'd get a lot closer to 1:1 ratio! Same as asking what side they'd rather play on.

I know this sounds a bit cynical, maybe even trollish, but it isn't, it's just a realistic perception of human urges, and how to use them. If you wanted to get rid of the faction imbalance, all you'd need is a small campaign featuring Orion slave girls. And maybe a short questline that features them, too.
Instant surge in KDF activity.
Sure, 'might not be the kind of activity you want (fap, fap, fap), but the solution is right there. Sex sells. Virtual, too. Pixel-perverts buy.

Last edited by flekh; 08-06-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 25
08-07-2012, 05:32 AM
And yet the latest Nagus poll shows an over whelming trend of the playerbase to play both factions near equally.

Though, I am never against Orion call-girls.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 08-07-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 26
08-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
And yet the latest Nagus poll shows an over whelming trend of the playerbase to play both factions near equally.

Indeed I play both almost equally, though do prefer playing on the KDF more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

Well there's one solution. Remove the green skin tones from the Fed side of the game. No more Fed Orions.

Kidding...Maybe.
Empire Veteran
# 28
08-08-2012, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdon7 View Post
Well there's one solution. Remove the green skin tones from the Fed side of the game. No more Fed Orions.

Kidding...Maybe.
And remove the skin coloured one from the Orions, I was under the mistaken impression Orion's were Green not cream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 29
08-08-2012, 05:25 AM
As long as they are still call-girls.
Career Officer
# 30
08-08-2012, 05:45 AM
All my characters are orion women, except a level 22 gorn for doff farming. Not sure what it says about me, but that's what I like