Starfleet Veteran
Was playing Khitomer Accord Ground (Elite) STF yesterday and ended up having one person leave the game just before the final boss. 3 out of 4 of us ended up getting the Prototype Tech Armor drop once we beat the final boss (the other person left immediately after completion so do not know if this happened for all of us or not). I was chatting with one of the other team members, that was their 3rd prototype drop in Elite this week alone. Anyone else have this sudden new found luck or has there been some kind of update to the drop rate as of late? Just curious...

I've been pretty regular at playing a few STF's a day since before Season 6 and haven't noticed anything immediately different since Season 6 launched.

Worth pointing out that the PvE Queue happened to not be working again immediately after we finished this STF so maybe this was a special little timing surprise? Haha!
Career Officer
# 2
08-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Personally not on the ground gear but certainly for me I've had numerous drops to full kit out maco and omega mk xi in a week, now I've gotten duplicate mk xi shield tech drops, and one mk xii, I wouldnt complain really some people take alot longer in getting the full kits.

its only taken me two weeks to save enough data chips to get the maco gun an half way to getting the armour nxt. mkxi of course.

anyone else faring well on the drop lately?
Commander
# 3
08-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainedwards09 View Post
Was playing Khitomer Accord Ground (Elite) STF yesterday and ended up having one person leave the game just before the final boss. 3 out of 4 of us ended up getting the Prototype Tech Armor drop once we beat the final boss (the other person left immediately after completion so do not know if this happened for all of us or not). I was chatting with one of the other team members, that was their 3rd prototype drop in Elite this week alone. Anyone else have this sudden new found luck or has there been some kind of update to the drop rate as of late? Just curious...

I've been pretty regular at playing a few STF's a day since before Season 6 and haven't noticed anything immediately different since Season 6 launched.

Worth pointing out that the PvE Queue happened to not be working again immediately after we finished this STF so maybe this was a special little timing surprise? Haha!

I noticed a change to drop rates for ground Elite missions early to mid last week. I began to see at least one drop at day.

I recently started to run STF's on channels instead of queuing up PUG games because I wanted to increase my rate of successful runs to complete my MACO Mark XII set. This lead to more play in private rooms.

I noticed a change in the drop rate when my Fleet leader, a casual PUGGER, got a complete MACO Mark XII set in 3 days (About a drop a day, we PUGGED on the regular queue channel). I was amazed and told her she should post something in the forums.

At the same time I was running Elite STF's on a channel and began noticing a drop a day with one group I ran with. Finally, after weeks if not 1-2 months of grinding for a PSG, one dropped for me allowing me to compete my Mark XII MACO set. A day later another PSG dropped for me. A day or two after that piece dropped the other two had, allowing me to assembly a Omega Mark XII set in 2.5-3 days (by Tuesday of this week, the last drop was four hours after the second drop). This after grinding in PUG's for weeks/months for MACO Space sets (I collected an Omega Mark XII set along the way) and two MACO Mark XII ground pieces. I was amazed at how quickly the additional ground pieces dropped.

Over this last weekend I saw two people receive Prototype tech gear from the same match (KGE). They proudly posted their drop after the match via chat.

Let me say where and who I played with have nothing to do with the increased drop rate; I think that rates may have just increased. I actually have a 3rd PSG sitting in my inventory from a drop earlier this week.
Joined STO in September 2010.

Last edited by gerwalk0769; 08-09-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Captain
# 4
08-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I've picked up 6 in the last week. Not that I'm at all complaining. I can play the stuff I want to instead of the stuff I have to.
Ensign
# 5
08-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Hah, wish I had you guys' luck. I've been at IGE for 2 weeks now and still no PSG, to say nothing of no Prototypes for CSE/KASE