Lt. Commander
# 21
05-13-2009, 06:34 PM
I think both the Screen shots and article were great. Thanks for the update and Great work so far Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Gamespot on... Yes we do prefer the honed skills of a trusted review ally here...
-----------------
Orders what orders I see a Pirate ship kidnapping the Nagus..
There will be red shirts customizable... on HMS Kurkaze.. I guarantee it..

Smart one this Zinc.. AOS... good analogy thats the vibe for a proper protracted combat..
Ones not zipping about i na Ty fighter now is one..

Brilliant Rommie Ships by the way.. [jolan tru]
I mean posper as long as you live...
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Edit: Nevermind
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Counselor Zexx
Looks like the Romulans aren't as bad off as we'd expect.
Speak for yourself! I, for one, know to never count the Romulans out. They are worthy opponents.

Really liked the article by the way. I'm glad that combat isn't being ignored.

The idea of shield/power distribution targeting systems and active combat where positioning matters is really appealing to a lot of people. Player skill will really matter, and it will just be an overall enjoyable experience.

If you get this right, prepare for a lot of PvPers flocking to STO.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-13-2009, 07:50 PM
The Romulan ships were extremly well done especially for NPC ships... wonder if they'll be PC one day?
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-13-2009, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Romulan NPC ships will stick mostly to already known classes, and if/when the Romulan faction becomes available, then we'll see new designs for PC ships.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Very good article, Gamespot reallly got a great insider look into the development. I like the idea of the achievement badges for exploration/discovery besides the military advancement. I hope it gives the game a good mix of science, exploration and battle.

I really like the idea of being able to call in on the Federation radio space rather than having to find a space hub or planet to pick up quests. We also get an idea of what currency and 'raid' content there might be!!
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-13-2009, 08:33 PM
When do we get to hear more indepth stuff about something other than combat?
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Just the bit about the shields and positioning makes me wish for my old Starfleet Battles group.

I am so hoping for guild vs guild and/or faction vs faction fleet battles that are as addicting as our old hex map battles with house rules where we would play until we suddenly noticed it was the next morning.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Sounds nice the ship battles sound like they will be enjoyable. My one question is with the shield color did it mean the shields will change color on the control panel showing the health of our ship and our enemy's or will the actual ship view change color when the shields are hit?

Nice to hear about the currency that we will be using, I suppose this means some credits will be used only with our faction and we will need latinum to trade with others.

I like the look of the Romulan ships hopefully I can get my hands on them soon after launch.