Rihannsu
EDIT - Problem solved for me. a few drivers had fallen out of date and at least one of them was then causing some serious performance issues. its usually the first thing i check but i had forgotten to do it after the update its all very smooth again, so i would advise anyone experiencing issues to check their drivers.

Has anyone noticed any extra lag in the last few days? It seems a little less smooth to me, and is noticeable in the fleet action missions where play is a little more choppy than normal. It's not rubber-banding or unplayable or anything, it just feels like when the servers are extra busy and everything has slowed down a little.

I usually get little to no lag unless its mega busy so I'm unsure if it was the latest patch or if there is an issue on my end, or if the servers really are full up.

Anyone else noticed any problems in the last 3 or 4 days?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission

Last edited by captainrevo1; 08-08-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Captain
# 2
08-06-2012, 02:33 AM
When I am in sector space or doing missions solo, no lag, but fleet actions and stfs are a bit laggy.
Captain
# 3
08-06-2012, 08:29 AM
I've noticed a slight increase in lag when doing public events, but what's really gone wonky is the loading times! When I got out of a Fleet Action yesterday, it took almost an hour to load DS9! I had to shut STO down then log back in!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 4
08-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Yeah it sometimes feels as if weapon damage is delayed. Movement seems unaffected and normal. And there is a bug that makes space weapons not fire and abilities not activate instantly which is -really- annoying and irritating. At least the weapon fire bug is supposedly fixed on Tribble with a ton of other much needed updates, so I'm really hoping the next patch will be coming ASAP.
Republic Veteran
# 5
08-06-2012, 09:41 AM
They fixed the bank lag. That was where I saw it most. I wouldn't say I'm being hit by lag, but the game doesn't feel as smooth as it did before Season 6.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Rihannsu
# 6
08-07-2012, 01:23 AM
I expect some issues after season 6 with more people playing and bugs to work out but there has been a noticeable drop in the last 3-4 days. i dont think its my end, and other games seem to play quite smoothly.

Rihannsu
# 7
08-08-2012, 05:49 AM
Problem solved for me. a few drivers had fallen out of date and at least one of them was then causing some serious performance issues. its usually the first thing i check but i had forgotten to do it after the update its all very smooth again, so i would advise anyone experiencing issues to check their drivers.