Lt. Commander
I have a little dilemma with my away team currently. I have 3 purple quality tactical officers that I want to try out at the same time but not sure if this is a viable way to do away missions.

I am VA 50, have the purple level Mk X Bunker Fab kit with Force Field Dome, Med Generator, Turret, and Shield Generator.

I was planning on using another purple science officer(Betazoid I believe) as the "healer" so to speak, while the 3 TACs would do the damage. Right now I am using the Breen and Jem Hadar TAC officers, both outfitted with their factions weapons, and the 3rd I wanted to add in was a Klingon mission reward BOFF that I would make my melee BOFF on ground missions.

Just curious as to what setups people are running as Engineering Captain, I've honestly seen no benefit from having another Engineering BOFF on the ground(I do have the Borg BOFF) though it is nice to have more turrets and mortars.
Career Officer
# 2
08-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I find Tac boffs to be the least useful boffs, no matter what the player's class. As an engineer, I use two engineer boffs to recharge shields and spam turrets, and two sci boffs to heal and to use AoE holds/stuns to trap groups of enemies in place so I can hit them with orbital strikes and quantum mortars. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

But if you want to try three tac boffs, just do it. Try it out. Give them all expose powers and equip yourself with an AoE exploit weapon like the split beam. Make sure they have plenty of hypos and shield recharges, since one sci boff can only do so much healing.
Career Officer
# 3
08-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I like to have at least ONE tactical officer with melee only skills and weapon obviously. I let him just charge in. Sometimes I have to make him charge in, but whatever.

I like to have two engineers. If I'm an engineer then I have one other. All mines and turrets.

Second tactical is ranged with suitable ranged skills. Science is a healer.

And then sometimes I just do this. Its hard to fail this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOqkfyLOLug&feature=plcp
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Career Officer
# 4
08-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh, I always have one Tac officer, just because I find the Lunge animation hilarious and Lunge III sometimes crits for 500+ damage.