Commander
# 1 So how about the Olympics?
08-08-2012, 05:17 PM
What do you guys think so far? China is having one awesome year!
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Career Officer
# 2
08-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Many of us have far better things to do than to watch a bunch of brainless losers run around sporting a tacky piece of metal slung around their necks, if they can get them around their big ego filled heads.

While many go hungry, can't get shelter, hospitals go craving for new equipment, etc, etc.

Funny, governments can't give tax cuts, feed their own country's, are always borrowing money, claim to be struggling, but they always find the money for this crap. Seems to just fall from the sky.

And you think PWE are money grabbers. They look like they are operating out of a slum compared to this money wasting trash scum.

I'd toss in my 2 cents, only it went to pay bills.
Commander
# 3
08-08-2012, 06:32 PM
OMG go troll on someone else parade! This is about Olympics! not Cryptic, you don't like it, don't play! Dang! People like you just ruin threads! Go some where gosh!
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-08-2012, 06:38 PM
I think the Olympics a pretty pointless myself, and don't understand what all the fuss is about.

ps. I run real fast with the shift key
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Lieutenant
# 5
08-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcommando101 View Post
What do you guys think so far? China is having one awesome year!
China usually does have an excellent first week of the Olympics. Most of the events that they are strongest at are scheduled during that time, and as such they will always be near the head of the count. Yet once the Track And Field medals start to hang around necks, their total no longer climbs quite so quickly.

And to Vice Admiral Buzzkill, you'd have a much better argument if you railed against the Westminster Kennel Club or the Cat Fancier's Association. Or even the Universal Royalty Children's Beauty Pageants. Those are topped to the exquisite limit with arrogant people in subjects that only the competitors truly care about. At least the Olympics celebrate actual human accomplishments that the average person could only rarely reach.
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
While many go hungry, can't get shelter, hospitals go craving for new equipment, etc, etc.
Funny, governments can't give tax cuts, feed their own country's, are always borrowing money, claim to be struggling, but they always find the money for this crap. Seems to just fall from the sky.
While I applaude the effort of the participants...
I have felt this way about the amount of money that goes into the Olympics for a long time.
And after they spend tens of millions of dollars, those buildings and facilities usually go to rot.
Google some past Olymic locations sometime and see what happened to the "Olympic Villages" a few years after they ended.
Even worse is the money that is poured into political campaigns...the current Presidential race comes to mind...
Think what that amount of money could do to imporve the country's economic woes.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-08-2012, 09:08 PM
When I see the Olympic events, all I can think of is "my country can beat your country in gym class!"

I don't get what all of the fuss is about, except for that guy with the funky fake legs. That's pretty much godmode.