Empire Veteran
# 1 KDF groud away team setup
07-31-2012, 12:04 AM
Ok, I do know that Efficient trait among Letheans can help a lot for space setup. So what about trait for ground KDF team? Would Gorns be better due to their bite trait?
Also, I am a Tac so what setup should I have for ground team? 1 tac, 1 sci and two engineers? or 1 tac, 2 sci and 1 engineer?
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

Career Officer
# 2
08-08-2012, 07:50 PM

Last edited by thissler; 08-09-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Captain
# 3
08-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Orions for seduce. 3 of em.

And one red shirt. obv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vA1t17fhM&feature=plcp
To follow up on this give them pistols or another short range weapon, so they're in range to seduce.

Letheans w/raptor trait aren't bad for ground (similar to reman boffs ability).

Nausicans get a bonus to their exploit shots, so if there's a TAC one w/corresponding boosts like crit hit chance, using one of these won't hurt either. I haven't tested to see if the piracy trait actually works though.

Gorn bite is ok. It's a shorter range trigger as well, so may want a short range weapon for these.

Klingons are kinda meh tbh.

In the old days I'd have said bring 4 scis w/SD hypo 1, 2, and 3 and use a sword, but post Season 4 not as lolz anymore. But, if you like to melee having sci boffs w/Sd. hypo wouldn't be a bad idea.
Empire Veteran
# 4
08-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
Ok, I do know that Efficient trait among Letheans can help a lot for space setup. So what about trait for ground KDF team? Would Gorns be better due to their bite trait?
Also, I am a Tac so what setup should I have for ground team? 1 tac, 1 sci and two engineers? or 1 tac, 2 sci and 1 engineer?
I normally run 2 fabrication engineers, a sci healer and a sci debuffer regardless of what toon I'm on. But I was thinking that an away team with 3 enemy neutralization engineers (weapon malfunction & fuse armor) and a dedicated healer, all armed with either DoT or KB3 miniguns would be pretty tough to beat. Just a regular away team steamrolls encounters when armed with miniguns, even on Advanced, let alone an away team that stops the bad guys from shooting back - or walking.

It's been my experience that all the Boff trait attacks are fairly underwhelming. I've seen instances where an Orion seduced a Boff and he attacked another Boff, but overall I think you're better off treating those traits as a bonus, not a main attack. Besides, nothing lives long enough to get seduced against 4+ miniguns.
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!