Career Officer
# 21
08-08-2012, 09:55 PM
^^ This is so true.

I honestly do not understand... As a soccer (football to my EU friends) coach the best analogy I can come up with is poor sportsmanship. In this game, as in life there are certainly going to be some players with more experience, more skill, and more knowledge. This however doesn't give one license to be a poor sport.

I have benched excellent players (even if it meant losing a game) for antics similar to those I see in chat. General hissy fits because something didn't go the way they wanted, or was planned.

The fact is, this is a game... and in 2 years, 2 months, 2 days, or even 2 hours... missing the optional on CSE, or getting 5 less fleet marks isn't going to make a any difference.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
08-08-2012, 10:10 PM
It's not just experienced well equipped players in the STFs that do that. Some are new players with poorly fitted ship abusing people and calling them noobs (yes it's ironic). The other variant flies to the top of the map and calls people noobs for not killing stuff fast enough (this is also ironic given that they aren't helping).

This is in contrast to something like the klingon starbase incursion. Where someone said at the start of the map what they wanted to do and where on the map. I thought about it, agreed in team, and then someone else did. We did quite well in terms of fleet marks despite missing the captain at the end. Certainly a more team like environment for a pug.

There's quite a range of behaviours that you see in game. Some good and some ridiculous.