Career Officer
# 1 DOFF Recruitment Timers
08-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Okay, so what are the refresh times for the DOFF recruitment missions from the Academy contacts (Personnel Officer and Vulcan/Andorian/Tellarite)?

8am Sunday morning I started all of the missions. The Cadre ones were 2days run time and I had heard that it was another 24hrs for the timer before you could run them again. So this morning, Wednesday, 9am (37hrs from starting them) I log all my characters in and can't pick up the missions again.

Now, you might think it's 24hrs after you turn the mission in, rather than from when the mission completes, but in the past I have turned one of these missions in and picked it right back up again (General Recruitment). But I can't pick up any of them. I'm trying to run the recruitment missions constantly on all alts to get enough DOFF's for our starbase (still not good enough because we need so many specific types but that's another issue).

What is the timer on these? And can we get a countdown timer on the assignment so we know when they are available again?
"Once more unto the breech..."

Rogue Shipyard Blog
Career Officer
# 2
08-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Anyone know the answer to this?

Rogue Shipyard Blog
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-08-2012, 03:46 PM
General Recruitment lasts 20 hours, cool down is 48 hours after completion, so you can start another one every 68 hours.

Junior Officer Cadre missions (Tac, Sci & Eng) last 2 days. I do not know the exact cool down time on those. I *thought* they were 24 hours after completion, but they could be 48 hours. StoWiki.org does not have the cooldown listed for those.

Cultural Exchange missions (Vulcan, Tellarite & Andorian) also last 2 days, and again I *thought* they were 24 hour cooldown, but could be wrong on that. They are very close to the Jr Officer cadre missions.

I did notice the last time I tried to pick up Cultural Exchanges, I had to actually accept the completed missions that were still sitting in my mission list before it would allow me to take them again. I had to mail out DOffs so I could accept the mission DOffs, so I could start another mission.

If you have not accepted the previous mission results, this might be why you can't take them again.

Hope this helps.

Edited for grammatical error & more clarity
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

Last edited by blackjackwidow; 08-08-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
08-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks Blackjack. I did indeed turn the missions in and receive the doffs. Those times, unfortunately, don't seem to jive with what I'm seeing.

Just checked the missions again 12hrs later and i still can't pick them up.

For reference, I started the missions Sunday 8/5 at 8am Central time. It is now Wed 8/8 840pm central time and the missions are not available. Any of them (cadre or general). It has been 12hrs since I turned them in and 84hrs since I started the missions.

I will check back tomorrow morning.

Rogue Shipyard Blog
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Would love to see a visual timer akin to daily mission timer displays.

[ Raptr ] [ @zebular | Join Date: Dec 2007 | @Captain_Ralubez ] [ BIOs ]
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
08-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Totally agree there should be a timer.

Very curious that you still can't take the general recruitment; that is like clockwork for me, have never had a problem. Is it grayed out, or seems available but won't let you start it? Please don't take offense to this, but just a double-check, make sure you have mission slots available. You can't run more than 20 at a time unless there's a sickbay running. Other obvious but simple to miss; make sure it isn't already running again.

The only other thing I can think of is to check your personal missions tab. If you 'take' the mission and then cancel or neglect to accept the mission, it will put it in your personal missions tab, down at the bottom under recruiting. Then it won't let you take it again from the duty officer until you select it there.

If none of those are it, I would suggest a post in the duty officer forum, where people who definitely know can give you an answer. Maybe also file a support ticket and post in the bugs report forum.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Career Officer
# 7
08-09-2012, 06:25 AM
I just run recruitment missions on this character so had no missions running.

As of Thur 8/9 821am Central time this morning the General recruitment mission is now available, 96hrs since initial mission run. Cadre are still grey.

Will try cross posting in Doff forum.

Right now it looks like these are on a 72hr cooldown.

Rogue Shipyard Blog