and fleet events don't award it
Commander
# 12
08-09-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
lowbies don't do missions that earn dilithium

That's why I asked you for clarity as to whether you meant dilithium should be added as a reward to Fleet Events for the top 4 or were just using dilithium as shorthand for all rewards in general. Your answer was to further comment that only the top 80% should get anything (ie. any reward). And given that you've been complaining about about leechers and AFKers in Fleet Events lately, I don't think it was an unreasonable on my part to assume that you wanted the bottom 20% to leave such events empty handed.

And it's still a bad idea, regardless. Again, if you have 5 players, (let's say in an STF, because it gives dilith) even if they're all brilliant, one of them has to be the least effective. Why should that person lose out?

Last edited by skhc; 08-09-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Commander
# 13
08-09-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
lowbies don't do missions that earn dilithium

And your point with this is?

Leechers do it for rewards of any kind (Dilithium, items, titles ...) without a single interest of doing something for it (for tons of reasons).

Which means, the only solution to get rid of Leechers would be removing rewards of any kind. The outcome of this would be pretty clear.

Any other thing you would implement to "detect" leechers has to fail.
Captain
# 14
08-09-2012, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhc View Post
It wouldn't directly effect me all that much, since I've never been in a PuG where I've been anywhere the weakest player. But I still think it's a terrible idea.

Why should a system be implemented, that by design screws genuine players out of their loot? Cos not every PuG has a terrible player in it, and pre-mades are even less likely to have a terrible player in them. Yeah, sometimes players get screwed over by poor team-mates or AFKers. But it's not like the game has a system whereby it intentionally puts an AFKer or idiot into every PuG group, and there's a way to avoid it - don't PuG. This comes in, and you can't even avoid it by pre-making.

I wouldn't mind, but the OP is big into Fleet Events being content for lower level characters, and this will put them off it because of the possibilty of going into a Starbase Blockade with 4 players who have more weapons slots and BOff powers than them and relying on one of them being a poor player to have a chance of being in the top 4. Seriously, sollvax, can you not see that?

If you really want to implement a reward system based on a scoreboard, then you'd have to set it so that if the bottom player is within a certain distance of the others they still get their reward.
point taken, i appreciate that feedback.

i should add however that the top 3 only get extra loot (like in fleet actions, or maybe just mor fleet marks) to reward the better player and make it a goal to become better. The rest get the fleet marks as they are supposed to. they are not screwed out of their loot in that matter.

but you are right a scoreboard can only count in raw dps and healing, and no CC. Thats a big problem, that may not be solveable.

anyway, in fleet alerts this could be done without a big problem since it is a DPS run.

I'm not sure if this game is able to collect data about player inactivity, some other games can...would be nice to know of sto has that feature too.
activity means, how many actions you do in a certain amount of time...if that value falls below a certain level...you are flagged as inactive.

Quote:
And it's still a bad idea, regardless. Again, if you have 5 players, (let's say in an STF, because it gives dilith) even if they're all brilliant, one of them has to be the least effective. Why should that person lose out?
it would be possible, that if you reach a certain number in the scoreboard you get 250 dilithium as a extra reward...then if you hit an even higher number you get 500 and so on...this wouldn't screw anybody, but still wouldn't reward any leechers or afkers.

PS: like you i don't like the idea to penalize players for not perfoming well, i rather reward the better performing players with EXTRA stuff. I prefer the sugar rather than the whip.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 08-09-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Commander
# 15
08-09-2012, 08:48 AM
I knoow none of these ideas will ever be implemented, as cryptic are the worst afk/leechers of all, but here goes: make it so you can't be in an stf with people you have ignored. In time, it will result inn all leechers, afkers, trolls and elitists beeing put out of a ob
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Career Officer
# 16
08-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Had a brain wave last night and its really really simple

disable need or Greed ENTIRELY for people who are leeching (ie you just stand there you get NOTHING)
and if you spend your time not spawning you get Nothing

AND award dilith ONLY to the people who score in the top 80% in a mission
so if you leech you get NOTHING

needs to track damage so that leechers aren't just shooting at 1 thing every 2 minutes, 5 minutes, whatever, to avoid the penalties. This rule would exclude those who are on cooldown after dying multiple times in a row.

The game needs to decide constant contribution given by a player instead of contribution given at the beginning of every warning cycle to avoid penalties.
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
08-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Im also thinking "pay to play" for Fleet events

if it cost you say 100 dilith to QUEUE
people would be less likely to beam out
Commander
# 18
08-09-2012, 12:31 PM
why let nuubs go into missions fleet action and co the bigest prob was all the time the not existing dmg from this kids.

so who try to go into a stf or fleet action without 125 weapon enrgy will be kicked instant from mission and get a penality for 1 hour.

best idea ever
Commander
# 19
08-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Im also thinking "pay to play" for Fleet events

if it cost you say 100 dilith to QUEUE
people would be less likely to beam out
...no.

First, it won't solve the problem. You'll still get people who blow the dilithium just to screw with other players.

Second, that's unfair to people who spend/contribute their dilithium as they earn it. Not everyone keeps dilithium on their account.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
08-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmoony View Post
why let nuubs go into missions fleet action and co the bigest prob was all the time the not existing dmg from this kids.

so who try to go into a stf or fleet action without 125 weapon enrgy will be kicked instant from mission and get a penality for 1 hour.

best idea ever
How about "auto retire" for anyone over level 49??
its equally stupid

Fleet missions EXIST for all ranks

Stfs exist for top ranks only

and 125 weapon energy is a lifestyle choice (a bad one)