Lt. Commander
# 11
05-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Wow, this quality of writing really bodes well for the quality of episodic mission content in STO.

I'm impressed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Two things.
Quote:
Had she remained Empress, these last two decades and more would have been incredibly different.
So this interview actually takes place on or near 2409?
Quote:
Originally Posted by naterag View Post
how come the history hasnt change. please cyptic follow the new movie stay ture to trek
I start to get the feeling that Kestrel should dedicate a supplemental to the subject of time travel and alternate timelines.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naterag View Post
how come the history hasnt change. please cyptic follow the new movie stay ture to trek
Your ridiculous. The new movie is an alternate timeline, don't expect anything to change. Time travel doesnt replace timelines, it merely creates a new one.

Good work Cryptic

Maybe the Feds and Klingons may have to fight over Romulans colonies and worlds? Klingons want to conquer them, Feds are looking for protectorates and to make the Romulans a member?
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-15-2009, 12:00 PM
cool stuff thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zott
I would just like to elaborate on this a little more - Cryptic is staying true to Trek, as Romulus was destroyed which was the catalyst to the new movie, although, all but Romulus being consumed in a nova, in the new movie it was a Parallel universe. Remember that in a multiverse if the someone goes back and 'alters the time line of your universe' your universe continues on and a new version of your universe which adapts the new changes continues on the same path as well.

Multiverse theory states that for every action there is an infinite series of opposite reactions that are always taking place, which provides us with the alternate universes that trek visits once and awhile.

So if there was a new series picking up where the new movie left of we would be observing the changes in the new universe, and STO would be based off of the old universe we know and love were Romulus was destroyed and not Vulcan. It would be ludicrous to redesign a game to a new universe with a new feel to it when there is already a perfectly well recognized, and stable universe we can use already. No need to re-invent the wheel when you already own a car.

So yo answer your qustion quickly - they are, Romulus is gone So lets us get back on subject and talk about how great that supplemental log was, can't wait for the next.

Zott

I concur with your simplified explanation of the multiverse and alternate timeline, and if we call what occurred in the Prequel and in the movie up to the point of Nero and Spock slip into the first Black Hole as "The Prime Universe" for the purpose of STO being without a Romulus/Remus that I agree further with the store presented here, other that the comment about her being gone 20 years doesn't chive, think some one slipped up on that part of the story or the time frame given is off. In the USS Titan Series Commander Donatra killed off Suran (and every indication on her part suggested he truely died) but I have not problem with Cryptic story making it into a ruse by her and Suran (as those two would have reason to always do best for the Empire, and faking Suran's Death wouldn't be beyond them).

@Cryptic, explain or clean up the 20 year reference for Empress Donatra being gone, and the rest of the supplement is very well done and fits with all things I've read on the events/relationships mentioned.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvillha View Post
I concur with your simplified explanation of the multiverse and alternate timeline, and if we call what occurred in the Prequel and in the movie up to the point of Nero and Spock slip into the first Black Hole as "The Prime Universe" for the purpose of STO being without a Romulus/Remus that I agree further with the store presented here, other that the comment about her being gone 20 years doesn't chive, think some one slipped up on that part of the story or the time frame given is off. In the USS Titan Series Commander Donatra killed off Suran (and every indication on her part suggested he truely died) but I have not problem with Cryptic story making it into a ruse by her and Suran (as those two would have reason to always do best for the Empire, and faking Suran's Death wouldn't be beyond them).

@Cryptic, explain or clean up the 20 year reference for Empress Donatra being gone, and the rest of the supplement is very well done and fits with all things I've read on the events/relationships mentioned.
Soo...Suran is dead? Damn, that kinda screws things up for this log lol
"In the novels Taking Wing and The Red King, Suran still commanded the Romulan military jointly with Donatra. She killed him after she came to regard him as an obstacle in the way of evacuating the Neyel homeworld. " - Memory Alpha

Yupp, I'm with you Fvillha, as much as people don't like regarding the novels as canon....as far as I'm concerned the Titan novels should not be messed with, especially the early ones. Maybe someone didn't do their homework? But Cryptic really should look up names online before they start throwing them around

And I agree...this story can't possibly take place in 2387 if Donatra has been missing 20 years...it would have to be 2407
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-15-2009, 12:22 PM
The Supplement's okay, I give it a C for effort. But the only thing that was interesting was that a Romulan world asking for Federation Protection and the reiteration hinting at Donatra not being dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvillha View Post

You bring out a good point.

Guess someone seriously dropped the ball or that STO is in it's own Parallel Universe.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
The Supplement's okay, I give it a C for effort. But the only thing that was interesting was that a Romulan world asking for Federation Protection and the reiteration hinting at Donatra not being dead.

You bring out a good point.

Guess someone seriously dropped the ball or that STO is in it's own Parallel Universe.
That or each of us Trekies are in our own universe and everyone else is in an alternate universe, and we ok with it, until they take our Ale, than all hell breaks loose.

I think its time for another Ask Cryptic regarding alot of where this story line could go, specially with the hint at the Secret Romulan Base "Vault" which implies an organization in the Empire that can/could change where the Empire goes after the destruction of Romulus (yeah don't forget Remus, too) .
Did Empress Donatra ship get thrown into the Delta Quadrant so we can have a Voyager like series with a Romulan Crew for a TV series ? (Figure she went through a Similar "Lost N Space" with Captain Riker and the USS Titan.

Lots of questions raised, along with my shields.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Very interesting! At least Suran is now a simple farmer and might be able to die in peace. Now, just have to wait for Donatra to come back from the dead and reap vengeance on the galaxy!
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah,its a good writing.
We need Donatra back