Captain
# 1 Regent = skin = fleetship?
08-08-2012, 09:02 PM
just musing as to whether this new cruiser is going to follow suit with the rest of the Ship skins ingame ~ being attached to fleetships?

Or is it going to be a part of a new z.. C-STORE, ship with a delicious overpowered toy?

Any thoughts/ideas/musings ?

(if its ANOTHER carrier variant i predict slamming my face into my desk .. )
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
just musing as to whether this new cruiser is going to follow suit with the rest of the Ship skins ingame ~ being attached to fleetships?

Or is it going to be a part of a new z.. C-STORE, ship with a delicious overpowered toy?

Any thoughts/ideas/musings ?

(if its ANOTHER carrier variant i predict slamming my face into my desk .. )
If you look at the material from the pics you'll see it's not the Fleet material, which means at minimum the default Regent design isn't a fleet ship. Besides, they have yet to reveal a fleet ship design that's exclusive to fleets. And that doesn't make a lot of business sense since Fleet ships are harder to come by for obvious reasons. Why sell a fleet-only ship for 2000z to fleeters who do nothing but complain about starbase grinding and vow never to buy fleet modules when you could sell a C-store ship to everyone?

Besides, they're calling it a refit, so a C-store ship with a new console is probably the way to go, with a Fleet variant introduced later. The fleet variant will probably have access to the now-lost Imperial skin option, too.
Captain
# 3
08-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
Besides, they're calling it a refit, so a C-store ship with a new console is probably the way to go, with a Fleet variant introduced later. The fleet variant will probably have access to the now-lost Imperial skin option, too.
basically that
Go pro or go home
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
basically that
Oh, and the Fleet Variant will be the formerly-on-Tribble "Fleet Assault Cruiser", but its boosts will be identical to whatever this Refit gets (extra console, better boff layout?), minus the special console, plus 10% to shields and/or hull.

That's SUPER tempting for fleeters who want a fleet assault cruiser, since they now have the chance to get a cool console, a cool skin, and a discount on a fleet ship. For 2500z plus whatever they'll pay for a ship module (z or exchange).

TL;DR MONEY