Captain
# 191
08-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I thought the 2009 Star Trek was pretty good, if they were going to revive the series, if thy wanted to have any kind of creativity, they had to find a way to throw out the history book, otherwise the high temple priests of almighty Trek would be crucifying every new story for not sticking to Star Trek dogma.
What I did not like were the cheap sets, the moment you left the bridge or the transporter room, it was like you were suddenly in Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory, big plastic tubes with water running through it, Communications in the middle of what looks like a brewery, steel girders everywhere, spaces partitioned of with plastic drapes and if you look hard enough you might see cinderblock walls in the background.
I mean if they want it to look like the inside of a naval vessel then use the inside of a naval vessel, there are enough of them around. Don't shoot an engineering scene inside of an abandoned high school and expect anyone to think it's not what it looks like.
Captain
# 192
08-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Silliness:

Quark being surgically altered to become a female.

That was so bad it was unwatchable. I don't mean the crossdressing, which was comical at first. But as the episode dragged on....
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Commander
# 193
08-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara View Post
Silliness:

Quark being surgically altered to become a female.

That was so bad it was unwatchable. I don't mean the crossdressing, which was comical at first. But as the episode dragged on....
To quote the immortal George Takei.....oh screw it I'll let him speak for himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ALsvU50wQ
Survivor of Romulus
# 194
08-10-2012, 12:57 AM
The episode was in TV yesterday. Voy "Threshold". I remembered it as a bad episode and wow it's really a bad one.

Stupid moment: Tom Paris spits out his tongue