Lt. Commander
# 31
05-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zott
One hundred bars on the Andromeda Galaxy, and she is sent back by the Kelvans (Encountered in TOS: "By Any Other Name")

Zott
Yes a return of the Kelvans would make for some interesting game play, since those coming wouldn't look as nice as Kelinda and would be interesting to see their ships, their description on the wiki suggest they'd give the borg a run for their money too.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Breakaway romulan colony seeking federation help? Ok i can see they pick the lesser evil. In a klingon invasion they'd probably wont last long. Some colonies that survived are far away from Crateris. They have my best wishes, but be aware that betrayal (especialy in terms of military secrets) will not be tolerated. We will send for you.

-end transmission
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Many reasons to advance a story line, but remember because a Romulan is thought to be dead doesn't mean he actually is - the Romulans have reasons for all that they do, and it isn't hard to put a body into stasis if you want it to appear dead - or better yet 'replicate' an exact DNA match that is dead. I'm sure it will be explained.

Zott
Lets see how they explain this:

" 'All right' Donatra said, rising from behind her desk. Using her left hand, she made a show of preparing to open a comm channel.

With her right she threw the ihl-sen that she had placed inside her tunic cuff. Suran grasped and gurgled and immediately fell to kis knees. Donatra rose and strode confidently around the desk, then approached him. She saw that Suran had dropped his weapon. Even if he had managed to hold onto it, she;d have been in no real danger; she'd had the Valdore's security system deactivate it while he'd stil been standing on the bridge.

The matter was moot now, however; both of Suran's hands were presently clawing without effect at the wide verdant wound that her serrated throwing knife had created. The short blade was lodged quite snugly in the man's windpipe.

Suran pitched forward onto his face and lay unmoving in front of the desk. His blood spread out in a swiftly expanding pool, dyeing the carpet a rich , beryl-emerald green. " - Titan: The Red King, Page 284

Shortly after it goes on to talk about her a Braeg's love affair, so as we can see the Path series does seem to follow Titan well. But I'd like to see if Cryptic can find a good way to explain how Suran is still alive after that brutal scene.

I'm really not just looking for a reason to complain, I just want this to make sense to me.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-15-2009, 02:25 PM
The Kelvans would need a new look. We've got enough Human clones walking around. They look exactly human.

I'd rather have the Hur'q though.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anichent View Post
Lets see how they explain this:

" 'All right' Donatra said, rising from behind her desk. Using her left hand, she made a show of preparing to open a comm channel.

With her right she threw the ihl-sen that she had placed inside her tunic cuff. Suran grasped and gurgled and immediately fell to kis knees. Donatra rose and strode confidently around the desk, then approached him. She saw that Suran had dropped his weapon. Even if he had managed to hold onto it, she;d have been in no real danger; she'd had the Valdore's security system deactivate it while he'd stil been standing on the bridge.

The matter was moot now, however; both of Suran's hands were presently clawing without effect at the wide verdant wound that her serrated throwing knife had created. The short blade was lodged quite snugly in the man's windpipe.

Suran pitched forward onto his face and lay unmoving in front of the desk. His blood spread out in a swiftly expanding pool, dyeing the carpet a rich , beryl-emerald green. " - Titan: The Red King, Page 284

Shortly after it goes on to talk about her a Braeg's love affair, so as we can see the Path series does seem to follow Titan well. But I'd like to see if Cryptic can find a good way to explain how Suran is still alive after that brutal scene.

I'm really not just looking for a reason to complain, I just want this to make sense to me.

Ditto (and he hasn't been heard of since, until this interview).
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-15-2009, 03:00 PM
This was a really fascinating read, especially because I am a fan of the characters involved in this update. Indeed, I am especially interested to find out more about Donatra's situation because it seems like there is further storyline potential there.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Quote:
One hundred bars on the Andromeda Galaxy, and she is sent back by the Kelvans (Encountered in TOS: "By Any Other Name")

Zott
I am thinking the same way. They could be the "ancient enemies". I remember reading that the Andromeda Galaxy is becoming unlivable due to radiation. Has anyone here played Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion? In that game the Huns begin a chain of events that force tribes/nations to new places. The Huns even threatened Rome itself.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Why was this guy already a gentleman farmer within (apparently) months of Romulus being destroyed? Didn't he care about rebuilding the empire or something?

This supplemental seems like it should have taken place in 2397 or 2407 not 2387.

Quote:
The worst thing that ever happened to Romulus was losing Donatra. I know, itís a shocking thing to say, with all thatís happened. Had she remained Empress, these last two decades and more would have been incredibly different.
Donatra just became the Empress in what? 2385?

Just seems like this supplmental jumped the gun a couple decades...anyone else get that feeling?
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Good point, even if his a retired military I don't see him sitting about drinking his tea and watch the Empire fall apart.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvillha View Post
Ditto (and he hasn't been heard of since, until this interview).
So we've established without a doubt that the STO universe is the same universe as the Titan books? With none of this material being "canon" you cannot say that what happens in the books is the same thing that happens in STO. Not to mention that the STO universe does not need to have ANYTHING to do with the Titan universe.