Lt. Commander
# 301
07-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiiliitiila View Post
As an addendum to my above post, these Jupites in the KDF fleet defenses are in fact tougher than the older Jupiters! Meaning it's even more fun to fight them or be blown outta the sky by them

Here's to hope!
-Quiiliitiila
their just battleships with more health.
Career Officer
# 302
07-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito1jast View Post
their just battleships with more health.
Not the ones that I fought, I assume they were the "siege" ships of the UFP forces and had health/shields accordingly.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Career Officer
# 303
08-10-2012, 04:41 AM
What would people rather see the Jupiter as? A Heavy dreadnought with side weapons (if done correctly) or a carrier (rather like the Vo'Quv)?

I for one could go either way, but what's everyone else's opinion?

-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Starfleet Veteran
# 304
08-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiiliitiila View Post
What would people rather see the Jupiter as? A Heavy dreadnought with side weapons (if done correctly) or a carrier (rather like the Vo'Quv)?

I for one could go either way, but what's everyone else's opinion?

-Quiiliitiila
I would prefer a dedicated carrier, personally, and I think it makes sense from both a lore perspective - the Feds are interested in carriers, look at the catboat and Armitage - and a business perspective - Fed players are interested in carriers because they're too lazy to level a Klink.

Plus, it even makes sense from a "realism" perspective. Look at the modern US navy, very centered around the carrier as a power projection platform. If the Jupiter were to be the centerpiece of a Fed battle group, it makes sense for it to be a carrier.

Mind you I don't necessarily want for the Klink carrier distinction to be wiped out. They have cool carriers, there's no need to deprive them any more than they already are. But if a Jupiter were to happen, I'd like it to be a carrier, or maybe a fat cruiser with hangars.

For the record, if it does happen and it is a carrier, I DO NOT want Frigate-sized pets. Let the Klinks have their BoP pets. It'll just look WEIRD if a Jupiter were seen launching Defiants or Mirandas out its butthole. No thank you. I'll stick with Peregrines and Deltas and Danubes. Maybe Stalkers.

But really what I want a Jupiter carrier's pet to be? Kamikaze Chafees.
Career Officer
# 305
08-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
For the record, if it does happen and it is a carrier, I DO NOT want Frigate-sized pets. Let the Klinks have their BoP pets. It'll just look WEIRD if a Jupiter were seen launching Defiants or Mirandas out its butthole. No thank you. I'll stick with Peregrines and Deltas and Danubes. Maybe Stalkers.
Amen to that
Career Officer
# 306
09-02-2012, 06:07 AM
Ok, don't want the thread to be closed due to inactivity... Soooo...

Lets come up with a list of potential special abilities for the Jupiter!

1. Side Weapons

2. Gravatic Anchors: Lay a trail of mine-like structures that slow and stop enemies around them (kinda like tractor beam, but each "mine" can tractor up to 2-3 enemies)

3. Immunity to holds/repels and slows

4: Dual Warp Cores: Grants a large bonus to all power systems and halves power drain damage. Also "grants" a more powerful warp core explosion.

5: Dual Shields: A normal shield array, then a half power "skin-shield" that is damaged when a facing goes down or from bleedthrough.

That's all for now!
Thoughts?
-Quiiliitiila
Career Officer
# 307
09-02-2012, 06:57 AM
The Gravitc Anchors and the Dual Warp Core abilities are intriguing.

However, side weapons would either require completely new slots or, as a console, would practically be console-slotted weapons - something I'd rather not see, because you'd sacrifice a console slot for a "typical" weapon slot.

Double shielding - rather not. Extra armor might be the more sound alternative. When you can supply two energy shields, while not rather pump all of the available energy into the first shield? Alas, the armor technology may not mirror the Ablative Armor Generator.

/my to cents
Leipzig University, 1409-2409
Career Officer
# 308
09-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woerligen View Post
However, side weapons would either require completely new slots or, as a console, would practically be console-slotted weapons - something I'd rather not see, because you'd sacrifice a console slot for a "typical" weapon slot.
You'll be disappointed to find out then that the Devs are considering making the Andorian Battle Cruiser a full blown side weapon ship. If I recall correctly, the lead ship designer was leaning heavily in that direction. It was in an old priority 1 podcast, should be in their archives if you are interested.

-Quiiliitiila
Career Officer
# 309
10-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Bump, to keep it alive.

Still waiting on a comprehensive word of what's going to be in the next season. Still hoping the Typhoon and Jupiter will be there!
Captain
# 310
10-09-2012, 09:27 AM
I still want one.
Oh but make the Typhoon first

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.