Captain
# 11
07-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejaymac View Post
The warzone is a sort of 3 sided capture the flag zone, 2 sides trying to capture it while the 3rd (the borg) try to stop you.

Until you hit lvl20 it's fed against the borg, from lvl20 to lvl39 the KDF can enter and are supposed to try and beat the feds to the prize, but they usually just spend their time PKing feds that are out of their depth amongst the borg.

After lvl40 you stop getting the mission (at least that's when my current toon stopped getting it). so you only have 2 reasons to be in there, farming gear and PVP.

As to all of the players spawning at the same place, that's easy, the whole system is ****ed and has been since at least F2P which is when I started playing.
No, actually War Zone was messed up way before F2P. The spent more time fixing bugs than changing anything.
Captain
# 12
07-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I have a feeling many of you have not got the gist of the OP's message, and confused it with something else,

It is true - From a story point of view, Ker'rat does not make any plot sense at all within the STO story. In STO, the Klingons and the Federation have agreed to rest their war as far as the Borg are concerned. And for the subject "Klingon-Federation war" it doesn't make sense to involve the Borg at all.

The Borg in Ker'rat should be replaced with Fed and KDF NPCs, with some remains of a former Borg presence as the loot. The awkward warping every few minutes should be removed. The several bugs (such as the stretching cubes, although that one seems to have become better recently) should be cleared from the map.

Maybe one day Ker'rat will be repaired. That would be great!
Finally, somebody gets what I'm talking about.
Ensign
# 13
08-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krell83sto View Post
Best way to not get shot by KDF in Ker'rat.

1) Don't GO there if that bothers you.
Haha.. you dont go to warzone if you dont want to be suckered by kilingons while your trying to pick up gear for our ship.. not only do you have to contend with klings you have to contend with guys that wait till all the hard work is done and then blow up the hulks and win the purp0le.. something has to change
Captain
# 14
08-07-2012, 08:30 AM
now ker'rat is a game feature i avoid intentionaly...it's so useless...if i want to do PVP i join the PVP queue...

2 options in my opinion: first, make kerrat a new PVP map...without borg (i can see it as a borg debree field or something)

as a capture the flag map (the flag being a borg artefact, that needs to be secured.

second: open PVP...each side needs to collect artefacts that are scattered across the map...first to reach 100 wins.
Go pro or go home
Empire Veteran
# 15
08-07-2012, 09:02 AM
The whole storyline that Cryptic has half-assed needs to be revamped to make sense in a single direction with outlooks that make sense to both factions as the partake in it.
Build up the confrontation between the factions before breaking it down in light of the Iconian plots.

Are we, KDF versus feds at odds or not?
Are we working together on fighting the Borg or not?
Are the Undine a threat or not?
Are the Iconians behind it or not?

The back and fore story of STO makes no sense since it has not been followed to a conclusion before moving to the next chapter and what the Devs wrote in the path to 2409 has been almost ignored in favor of fan pandering to what they feel should be going on in the Star Trek universe. Often according to canon references that ahve no bearing in STO. No wonder many new players are clueless and confused.
Cryptic has no idea what the story is anymore. They just want to keep you busy and shopping.

Frankly Ker'rat is just as old and broken as many other missions in STO. Never updated to follow the fractured and jumbled storyline that STO tries to make work but fails at.

After saying all that, Ker'rat is what it is. An open PvP zone that has the danger of getting you attacked without warning and especially at restart of the mission.
Until they change it to/and/or make sense of the storyline that they wish to use in STO, Ker'rat will always be an dangerous place to play, PvP or mine for drops.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 08-07-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
08-10-2012, 02:05 PM
There's a war zone where no one is. The system is the Otha System.
Captain
# 17
08-10-2012, 02:15 PM
No! Don't let them touch Kerrat! Kerrat is one of the last fun places to go in the game. The moment Cryptic touches it will be so the feds and klings are allies, which takes away the PvP side of it. Then it's nothing more than a boring place with nothing to do but bash up Borg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 18
08-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
No! Don't let them touch Kerrat! Kerrat is one of the last fun places to go in the game. The moment Cryptic touches it will be so the feds and klings are allies, which takes away the PvP side of it. Then it's nothing more than a boring place with nothing to do but bash up Borg.
Agree, even getting 'spawn-ganked' by packs of feds can be fun. Yes, I TRULY hate the short duration between map reboots AND the common spawn point, but overall the map is fun to play in it's current state.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?