Lt. Commander
# 11
08-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by potasssium View Post
the gold vs silver matrix says that gold members gain additional bank and inventory slots on level up. If I go gold would already leveled characters gain those inventory & Bank Slots?
Nope, that's what "*ON* level up" means. Not retroactively. Same with the respecs. Everything is tied to the promotion missions at 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50, flipping a switch.

Quote:
If so do you keep those benefits if the subscription expires, the extra bank and inventory slots.
Yes you do keep the slots earned.

Quote:
As I understand it past gold members who have gone silver have the account bank feature as well, but I may be wrong.
Yes, I have 20 slots.

Quote:
Oh and what does priority login mean? Is that possibly what is causing my server disconnects, the fact that I only have a silver account?
During the Season 6 launch there was about a 6 hour span where we saw login queues. Golds got in to play first. That's all that means. Has nothing to do with disconnects.

It made things pretty frustrating for fleets with leaders who are silvers and couldn't get in to set the permissions. But that's all gone now.

=/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=

Last edited by brackynews; 08-10-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Captain
# 12
08-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brackynews View Post
Nope, that's what "*ON* level up" means. Not retroactively. Same with the respecs. Everything is tied to the promotion missions at 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50, flipping a switch.
I went "gold for a month" and got the extra slots, even on already leveled characters. The only thing I didn't get retroactively was the respec tokens.
# 13
08-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
I went "gold for a month" and got the extra slots, even on already leveled characters. The only thing I didn't get retroactively was the respec tokens.
Thanks, yeah I am not very concerned with respec tokens, but am very curious about the additional storage space. If a 2nd person can confirm this I will most likely buy the 3 month gold membership.
Captain
# 14
08-10-2012, 09:30 PM
The way I feel about the game at the moment and Cryptic/PWE I say my answer is a very firm NO will stay Silver
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
08-10-2012, 09:40 PM
So Silver members can either spend $20 for 20 of the new Account bank slots (and how ever much else for the rest of the Gold perks) or they can spend $30 and get $15 worth of Zen as well as 20 Account Bank slots and all the purchasable Gold perks they would otherwise have to spend Zen for. Seems like a no brainer to me... Sadly I'm already a LTS
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-10-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm tempted by this, but I also have no money at the moment. So what exactly is the definition of "limited time" here?
Lieutenant
# 17
08-10-2012, 10:42 PM
I was hoping for a sale on lifetime. Missed out on the previous one by just a dozen or so hours.
Captain
# 18
08-11-2012, 12:08 AM
when I saw the Champions Online sale, I thought, well if we get it, this will be more expensive.
I am hope I am wrong, and might even get this subscription, for a new character to level
Commander
# 19
08-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by potasssium View Post
Thanks, yeah I am not very concerned with respec tokens, but am very curious about the additional storage space. If a 2nd person can confirm this I will most likely buy the 3 month gold membership.
I can confirm. All gold perks are rewared retroactively, with the exception of respecctokens. If your toon is already captain or higher, I might add, you can ignore the ranking up quests, and keep them for times you sub. You will get respecctokens then, and captain ships are strong enough to advance till VA.
Having C-Store ships is a plus doing this.

I started a toon two days ago and resubbed for it. Had I known of the sale, I would have gotten it. Since I don't need any more ZEN, and won't play another toon for a long time, I don't mind though

If only the subscription was always 10 bucks per month, I might have considered subbing for several month in a row though. So, good catch on this one.

Anyone silver, who has 30 bucks to spare, use this opportunity, it is really worth it (this time)!

Last edited by thoroon; 08-11-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Captain
# 20
08-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Subscribed For: 701 Days
Subscription Status: Inactive
Create / Manage Subscriptions
You have broken the Stipend system my account has not been properly ported over under this ZEN system..
You collected this months payment and own me 2 months of stipend as a GOLD member since year one.

its asking for a confirmation code to buy ZEN. .i haven't c-stored with a credit card
since the change to zen but received all
my zen from ore in Champions on line as a silver.. spent some nop problem and at day 894 last itiem i checked my Gold Account statis there was no problem with this STO. . now we have a very serious thing.. you have my money and i have a valid credit card on fill with you.
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts

Last edited by senshibat01; 08-11-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Closed Thread