Lieutenant
# 1 New Early Leaver Penalty
08-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Not happy with new patch that if you leave an STF early your temporarily banned from ALL team type issions like PVP and PVE's for 30 mins.

I remember how we had the penalty for the borg missions, but this new penalty for fleet actions is WRONG.

Why? Because we are all fleets trying to build our starbases. Sometimes, not everyone you know who can handle these missions properly with you is online, so you must PUG it.

Upon entering earlier, I attempted the No-Win scenario (Which is a VA50 Mission) and upon rez had a Captain with ZERO accolade points sitting next to me. Knowing full well he is a one hit wonder who will immediately explode cryning HELP and HILFE, leaving the rest of the team to have to carry him and spend costly consumables, as always, I left before it even started.

Wham, hit with penalty.

As a paying customer since the beta days, I am REALLY angered by this.

Everyone keeps saying it is all based on Rank, well these noobs make VA in a matter of a week not even doing Storyline missions which give them the skills and 2% gains from damage and kill accolades. As I proposed in an earlier post, that I won't even attempt it anymore (After seeing so many fail miserably GARUNTEED) based on them being noobsters, if they have less than 6,000 accoldae points. They have the skills, the 2% accolades to handle more than one hit, and most likely the gear.

Of course VA's can drop it too, but the point is, they should not allow players with absolutely no experience in the game to wreck it for 4 other people who are working hard and spending alot of EC on consumables to complete these missions.

So at this point, I have definitely devised a new strategy (ancient chinese secret) and will NOT carry noobs through these missions. Secondly, I am NOW seriously considering to downgrade to Free as that appears to be all Craptic seems to cater to and is crapping on us veterans, who have EARNED their ranks and have the skills to be a team asset not a serious liability.

I remember when as a noob I couldn't even venture into certain sectors until achieving certain levels of accolades or skills and ranks, but it sure appears that these "i'm too lazy to work for it" types, can do more than I can.

Thanks alot.

P.S. I do expect the onslaught of trolls and noobs to blast me for this, about how they should have everything catered to them, so save your breath on that.
Too Bad, So Sad
PS: Sollvax, no need to add your worthless wooden nickel comments.

Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogerty1 View Post
Not happy with new patch that if you leave an STF early your temporarily banned from ALL team type issions like PVP and PVE's for 30 mins.

I remember how we had the penalty for the borg missions, but this new penalty for fleet actions is WRONG.
Agreed. Happened to me too. Quite a bummer to realize the penalty affected not only STFs but everything in the queue system.
Career Officer
# 3
08-11-2012, 01:23 AM
A few days ago, I unfortunately encountered the expanded version when the Queues put me in the STFs instead of the Fleet Events and gave the leaver penality. Needless to say, I was not pleased.

I understand the necessity for STFs, but not exactly sure with the Fleet Events. Given the Events are different than the STFs, there is a lot of people purposely abusing it like moochers or saboteur's that you either end up with minor rewards for your time or leave. And afraid bad PuGs can be just as frustrating, which afraid the only action to not encounter it is to find people to hang out with to do Fleet Events.

Also, don't think non-Admirals in these events makes these Events go smoothly either.
Commander
# 4
08-11-2012, 01:26 AM
We received your message, it was as follows:

Quote:
How dare those pesky developers!
I left early because of elitist behaviour, and I am the one who gets penalized for this!
This is absurd!
They should penalize players for being not so great as I am!
This is what I read, nothing more.
Accolades have zero to do with being a noob or not.
Being a lower rank than VA doesn't mean being a noob, either.

I know it is harder, but not impossible. I can life with it.

They finally decided to penalize leavers with no access to "endgame" at all? Good one.

If you really want to fly fleetmissions in a perfect environment ... I guess you missed the word "fleet" in it.
You want clean clears? Go premade. Simple.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
08-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Tough cookies

you don't like it ??
don't leave the fight early
Career Officer
# 6
08-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Yeah, sorry but I find myself unable to sympathize. If you leave your team to die before the fight starts just because you don't like the look of your assigned teammates then you shouldn't play at all. Half an hour is not enough of a penalty for that kind of behaviour.

Just imagine Sisko:

"WHAT? They want me to assault the Dominion lines flanked by two MIRANDAS??? Screw that, I'm going to fly to Risa."
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroon View Post
They finally decided to penalize leavers with no access to "endgame" at all? Good one.
You're likely the happy farmer who sits in a failing instance for half hour then? Good for you.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
08-11-2012, 02:11 AM
these penaltys should stack

first in a month 1 hour
second in a month 1 day
third in a month 1 week
fourth in a month permanent

and this is LEAVE (as in beam out or warp out )
if you lose connection you should be returned to the instance when you log in
(and sit out the timer as normal if you are slow getting back)
Career Officer
# 9
08-11-2012, 02:27 AM
So if I understand you correctly. You left the no win scenario early denying 4 other players an opportunity to earn more fleet marks and placing a 30 minute timer on each of them to try again.

IMO leavers should be locked out for 24 hours. It's just that disrespectful to everyone else who is trying to grind just like you are.
This thread needs more dancing girls.

Master using it and you can have this!

Be black on the right side. Add properly colored Cheron to the game today!
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-11-2012, 02:33 AM
you didnt even give the team a chance. whats the worst that can happen? you might get further than nowhere. So turn it intoa case of helping others stay alive, and team spirit against the odds. i find it more fun to help and fail than ragequit and doom the whole team. and people thank you when you throw heals on them and keepthem alive, true teamwork and good gameplay does not require a "win". and you wouldnt get the ban, only a cooldown for one pve
Closed Thread