Ensign
# 11 worked for me
08-11-2012, 05:55 AM
in settings set your proxy to ;no proxy (it was set to eu) .and this seemed to fix it for me
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-11-2012, 06:39 AM
i have 3-4 game client crashes EVERY time a new patch comes out, then it goes stable and no crashes, then oh look new patch and now 3-4 client crashes again,
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatefunky View Post
i have 3-4 game client crashes EVERY time a new patch comes out, then it goes stable and no crashes, then oh look new patch and now 3-4 client crashes again,
and yes iv changed the proxy to no proxy in the launcher settings, it only seems to be when a new patch comes out
Ensign
Add STO to the compatibility Setting in Display Fusion worked. I am on a non-Beta version of display fusion and had the crashing bug after updating a couple of days ago. Couldnt figure out what it was till i found this thread. Thanks! I set it to disable everything DisplayFusion does on both the launcher and gameclient EXEs and now I have Display Fusion AND STO working.

Hope this helps someone.
Career Officer
# 15
08-16-2012, 02:10 PM
This is awesome. Thanks guys, for doing the legwork. It was indeed DisplayFusion that was causing issues for me. Disabling it worked, but so did the compatibility fix also posted in this thread. Everything's back to normal again.
Career Officer
# 16 Thanks
08-16-2012, 02:12 PM
I was having same issue. Also have displayfusion. Uninstalled and everything works fine again.
Ensign
# 17
08-23-2012, 02:37 AM
Good day. This is my first time playing STO. I installed the game both on my laptop and desktop running Win7 this morning. I had similar experiences, unable to get the launcher to log me in, much less patch -- it would always crash.

I don't use Displayfusion, so I knew that wasn't it. I did all the browser and cache and firewall stuff to no avail. I even played around with the tick boxes in the Options. Still kept crashing, and the ticket window kept dying before I could even get the error number.

Anyway, did some more research, and saw on another forum that some people had TeamViewer running in the background, and disabled it. I disabled TV and voila! Finally get to the patching part.

Just thought I'd share, and I hope this helps.
Ensign
# 18
11-14-2012, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcherrin View Post
Good day. This is my first time playing STO. I installed the game both on my laptop and desktop running Win7 this morning. I had similar experiences, unable to get the launcher to log me in, much less patch -- it would always crash.

I don't use Displayfusion, so I knew that wasn't it. I did all the browser and cache and firewall stuff to no avail. I even played around with the tick boxes in the Options. Still kept crashing, and the ticket window kept dying before I could even get the error number.

Anyway, did some more research, and saw on another forum that some people had TeamViewer running in the background, and disabled it. I disabled TV and voila! Finally get to the patching part.

Just thought I'd share, and I hope this helps.
You rock! I don't have DF either, but I do have TV. Maybe I'll finally be able to play tonight. Thanks!
Ensign
# 19
11-14-2012, 02:41 PM
That was it: Team Viewer is crashing the launcher.