Captain
# 1 Klingon Looks
08-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Why in STO all the Klingons are brown skined or darker complexion, and all have dreaded hair? I have yet to see any of the Klingons, in the movies or show that have dreaded hair. I have seen them with their hair out and flowing or in a braid or two. I have seen them have as many skin complexions an human do. That also goes for the eye color. General Chang(White skinned with blue eye), Chancelor Gorkon(white skinned with blue eyes), Chancelor Gorkon's daughter,(white skinned with brown eyes, and pigtails and other stuff in her hair, the Warden at Rura Penthe(white skinned with one blue eye), and many of the Klingons from "The search for Spock," and the Motion Picture have white skin flowing hair. Where did the all dark skinned and dreaded hair come from?

I think you should allow more variety in looks to match with what is canon.
Captain
# 2
08-11-2012, 01:11 AM
simple answer: the red light on klingon cruisers are UV lights, that cause the warriors to allways maintain their bronze-brown coppa cabana skin tone.
If there is one thing, klingon warriors hate more than tribbles, it's definately to be the palest alien on risa!
This trend, that got establischen at the beginning of the 24th century (way after the explosion of praxis) among klingons, and is now well established in klingon culture.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 3
08-11-2012, 06:54 AM
That has nothing to do with the lack of flowing hair in this game for Klingons. Even modern Klingons from TNG, and DS9 had differnet complexions. General Martok was white looking and Chancelor Gowron had big round blue eyes. Klingons come in many complexions, not just brown, and nobody had dreads. There is no excuse for this game not to tweak the looks of the Klingons to match canon, even if its one option per patch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2012, 08:38 AM
I agree, I really don't like the cosmetic options for the KDF in general and thus can not play a Klingon, all my KDF characters are non-Klingon. The hair options are especially annoying, I made a Klingon when the Worf haircut came out, which I loved, but thats wasted because I can't get it on a new character now.
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.