Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Ensign
i just spent the past 9 hours doing pug stf's trying to get a cure engine drop.

one mission was completed of all of them.

the people that come to these missions now are weak players that sit at the kang

and kill bops "barly".

i sit at a cube and kill the nanites and the bops that spawn then the raptor and warship.

then i move to the next after all the nanites are gone i kill a cube and one group of raptors every single mission i have done today accept one the rest of the team couldnt stop the raptors and they killed the kang.

my suggestion is to make a mission that must be compleeted fo every player that wants to go to do elites.

this way they go in knowing how to do the missions and outfitted well enough to complete them.

it isnt fair to the rest of the people that spend months trying to get needed items to have poepl come in and go afk or toitaly ruin the mission because they dont have a clue or cant hang at all with the super powered borg you put in there.

i got a item worth 7000 ec for the one mission that was completed today.

i have other ways of completly wasting and would rather do them because there not as frustrating as it is playing this game for and getting no where.
Ensign
i just spent the past 9 hours doing pug stf's trying to get a cure engine drop.

one mission was completed of all of them.

the people that come to these missions now are weak players that sit at the kang

and kill bops "barly".

i sit at a cube and kill the nanites and the bops that spawn then the raptor and warship.

then i move to the next after all the nanites are gone.

i kill a cube and one group of raptors every single mission i have done today accept one, the rest of the team couldnt stop the raptors and they killed the kang.

my suggestion is to make a mission that must be completed for every player that wants to go to do elites.

this way they go in knowing how to do the missions and outfitted well enough to complete them.

it isnt fair to the rest of the people that spend months trying to get needed items to have people come in and go afk or totaly ruin the mission because they dont have a clue or cant hang at all with the super powered borg you put in there.

i got a item worth 7000 ec for the one mission that was completed today.

i have other ways of completly wasting my time and would rather do them because there not as frustrating as it is playing this game and getting no where.

Last edited by judge7; 08-11-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-11-2012, 02:06 PM
I suggest a requirement of 10 run-throughs of each STF on normal before someone can queue for an elite STF, so if Joe Kirk hasn't done Infected (normal) at least 10 times he can't queue up for Infected elite. If he hasn't done Cure Ground (normal) at least 10 times he can't queue for Cure Ground (elite), etc.

My .02 ec.
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
Ensign
# 4
08-11-2012, 02:08 PM
You realise that on elite, the norm is to have one person deal with the left cube spawns, 1 person deal with the middle cube spawns (and taking down nanites in between) While the remaining 3 take the right spawns and nanites. Then those 3 swap with the middle person and finally the left person. When all nanites are down, take all cubes to 10% and then kill them all at the same time before immediately hailing the kang to get it out of danger. It is very easy to get the optional on Cure leet, and Infected for that matter.

If you are killing a cube before the rest are ready, then you are probably the reason the STF is failing, not the rest of the team. Think about it - 9 hours doing the same STF over and over with 4 different people each time. The only constants are the STF itself and you.....

Last edited by jelidan; 08-11-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar01 View Post
I suggest a requirement of 10 run-throughs of each STF on normal before someone can queue for an elite STF, so if Joe Kirk hasn't done Infected (normal) at least 10 times he can't queue up for Infected elite. If he hasn't done Cure Ground (normal) at least 10 times he can't queue for Cure Ground (elite), etc.

My .02 ec.
10 Normal STFs would be good for players to get a feel for the layout of the map, but it does nothing to help those Joe Kirks learn what an injury is, a long time ago when I pugged Elite stfs I lost count of the number of times I saw a starship with innumerous injuries and its captain crying foul because "teh borgz kill so fast, this sux".
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
10 Normal STFs would be good for players to get a feel for the layout of the map, but it does nothing to help those Joe Kirks learn what an injury is, a long time ago when I pugged Elite stfs I lost count of the number of times I saw a starship with innumerous injuries and its captain crying foul because "teh borgz kill so fast, this sux".
There's only so much that can be done in a video game. There are already tutorials telling players about injuries. If they don't listen or have forgotten, what can you do? Maybe have an intro mission to Elite STF's reminding them of that stuff? Make injury indicators much more difficult to miss? I don't know. If Joe Kirk has an ID-ten-T problem then that's beyond Cryptic's ability to compensate for. I do think a normal STF requirement is a decent start, though.
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
Commander
# 7
08-11-2012, 02:52 PM
What about if no one on your ignore list could be placed in an stf with you?
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Career Officer
# 8
08-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelidan View Post
You realise that on elite, the norm is to have one person deal with the left cube spawns, 1 person deal with the middle cube spawns (and taking down nanites in between) While the remaining 3 take the right spawns and nanites. Then those 3 swap with the middle person and finally the left person. When all nanites are down, take all cubes to 10% and then kill them all at the same time before immediately hailing the kang to get it out of danger. It is very easy to get the optional on Cure leet, and Infected for that matter.

If you are killing a cube before the rest are ready, then you are probably the reason the STF is failing, not the rest of the team. Think about it - 9 hours doing the same STF over and over with 4 different people each time. The only constants are the STF itself and you.....
Actually that isn't the best strategy, although it can work. Here is a link to the Cure Walkthrough which works every time, providing you have a team who knows what they are doing and have good DPS of course .
Captain
# 9
08-11-2012, 03:19 PM
I wish they would make a mission before people can post on the forum spamming the same thing in more than one area, OP. But we can't all get our wishes, can we? Did you really have to make multiple threads about this?

To those not knowing, he posted the same thing in the Free to Play area too.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-11-2012, 03:21 PM
I believe OP suggested the rest of team was sitting at Kang.
Sitting....
How ready do they need to be ?
The norm that I have seen, with consistent optional wins is 1 Kang Defender.
MRRMLL works fine...