maco xi impluse
maco xi shield
eng: 3x neutronium, 1 borg universal console
science: 2x field generator
tac:3x mag regulator
Career Officer
# 2
08-11-2012, 02:28 PM
splitting the marks on your MACO gear first thing I notice.
So you have a 2 piece MACO XI set bonus
and a 1 piece MACO XII deflector

Running only the Borg assimilated console.
i would change out the deflector (honestly) for the borg one to get the 2 piece Borg Bonus as well as the 2 piecve MACO XI bonus you currently sport.

I would also mix up your engineering consoles some ... no need for 3 neutronium.
If you are looking to beef up defense. Look at other alloys and armors, and platings. Ask what enemies you will face the most. Find a couple that defend that. For me i use 2 that defend plasma (cant remember off top of my head) , because I'm using them in STFS

Tac and Sci consoles are almost exactly what I would do.

I might also change up the Photon Torpedoes , as in a cruiser you just dont have the turn rate to take full advantage of the photons. I'd suggest Quantum, but thats just me. Torpedoes I say use what you like, but it is true to say that Photons higher fire rate , works best with a good turn rate.

I'd also ask , What is your Boff layout and their skills ?

Just my Opinion
Captain
# 3
08-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah get rid of the MACO MK XII deflector, either replace it with a borg one or with a MK XI MACO Deflector. The 3pc MACO bonus graviton beam isn't all that good, but still better then not having it if you are using 3 MACO pieces. Also if you do replace the deflector with a borg one, you may want to consider replacing the engines with borg engines for the 3pc borg set bonus.

I also think the photon should be replaced with quantum. Maybe try replacing the aft torp with another beam array to give you a stronger broadside.
Commander
# 4
08-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Go 3 pc borg + maco shield. Very effective. Also, we need to know your boff layout. Boff skills are far more important than what your ship's equiptment is.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines