Ensign
# 11
08-11-2012, 11:46 AM
I did over 5k dps on my second ever elite STF which was also my second ever STF (the first wasn't parsed). That was Mk XI + Aegis as Tac/Defiant-R. It's not rocket science. I was up to 6400 a few runs later between upgrades and learning how to fly the missions. I do not at all consider myself an elite player, if anything I still think of myself as a newb / faceroller.

The point is that a lot of the rage is among people who seriously don't know what they are doing or who have had really divergent experiences in game, charitably. A very little bit of research, reviewing the strats and/or doing a couple of normals and taking advice on builds should honestly be all it takes.
Lieutenant
# 12
08-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Reminds me of the time in cure space ->NORMAL<- with this player yelling at everyone for not defending the kang. This player was defending kang and ends up dying. Yeah, he died while defending kang in normal. I ended up switching place with this guy. He was useless throughout the whole run.

If you're going to rage, at least be a decent player.

EDIT: "That's Cure, not Infected."
Whoops! thought i put cure instead of infected, haha. corrected

Last edited by nyasaya; 08-11-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Commander
# 13
08-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyasaya View Post
Reminds me of the time in infected space ->NORMAL<- with this player yelling at everyone for not defending the kang. This player was defending kang and ends up dying. Yeah, he died while defending kang in normal. I ended up switching place with this guy. He was useless throughout the whole run.

If you're going to rage, at least be a decent player.
That's Cure, not Infected.

I can't stand the useless raging either though. My fleet had put together a team to do KASE, and the queue system dumped me and a fleetmate into a semi-PUG without the rest of our fleet team. Instead of actually trying to be helpful, we had a guy raging that we were clueless and stupid (when we were the ones actually doing what the mission brief said to do, no less). He didn't offer a strategy, just raged that we didn't know what we were doing and then he quit. That one failed... miserably.

Had one last night in Infected that gave up before we were halfway done, called us all noobs, and left. We finished without him... and did better once he was gone. I think he was flying a carrier, so it may have been his pets that attracted all the spheres that were killing everybody... once he was gone, the spheres stopped coming.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
08-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Getting really sick of seeing players who are awful themselves rage for the stupidest things lately. If you are going to act like an 'elitist jackwagon' you had best be an 'elite' player with skills. Only if you and your build can do the following things will I consider you to be an 'elite' player instead of a crybaby baddie who expects perfect co-ordination out of a PuG because it is the only way you can win because...well your a baddie.

CSE
- Ability to kill 3 raptor spawns before they reach the Kang solo
- Ability to clear 6 nanite probes raptor/neg spawns in under 5 min solo

ISE
- Ability to burn down 1 nanite from 100% and deal 50% of required DPS to the big one before the probe spawns reach it.
- Ability to tank tac cube for atleast 1 minute

KASE
- Ability to solo a cube
- Ability to survive Donotra's torp spead

If you happen to be a player who is incapable of killing 3 probe spawns solo in KASE, or a pair of BoPs in CSE and then rage you are not just an elitist jackwagon, but also a baddie and a hindrance to your group. That is not my fault, nor do I need to cater to your lack of ability and spend 30 minutes in the STF just to carry you by doing it 'your way'.

Thank you for your time.
Ahem, beg pardon. Not to stir up trouble, but what does one, get from you, considering them, an "elite" player? Please tell us it's a cash prize, and not something empty, like your mutual respect.
Captain
# 15
08-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
Ahem, beg pardon. Not to stir up trouble, but what does one, get from you, considering them, an "elite" player? Please tell us it's a cash prize, and not something empty, like your mutual respect.
I think the point of my post went over your head. Most of the ragers in PuGs in my personal experience are also some of the worst players. It would be like a quarterback throwing five interceptions in a game and then raging at the defense when his team lost.
Commander
# 16
08-11-2012, 03:00 PM
My kling voquv siege engine can do all of that stuff, and my fed oddy dragon tank variation can do about half of that (haven't taken him into cure yet, so have no idea if he can handle raptors). Granted, handleing 3 raptors may be a challenge, but tanking a tac cube or surviveing donatras torp spread is pathetic. Just alternate ph and aux2sif and you can survive the torp spread with 80 percent hull, or tank the cube indeffinately (invisa torps aside)
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Ensign
# 17
08-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:

CSE

I call this "Judging"

ISE
- Ability to burn down 1 nanite from 100% and deal 50% of required DPS to the big one before the probe spawns reach it.

This is how I test my ships shields

KASE
- Ability to solo a cube

This is how I warm up the judgements systems

Thank you for your time.
You're welcome for the time

All my ships are run on bravado

Vice Admiral Judan The Trillian ladies man
Captain
# 18
08-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Getting really sick of seeing players who are awful themselves rage for the stupidest things lately. If you are going to act like an 'elitist jackwagon' you had best be an 'elite' player with skills. Only if you and your build can do the following things will I consider you to be an 'elite' player instead of a crybaby baddie who expects perfect co-ordination out of a PuG because it is the only way you can win because...well your a baddie.

CSE

ISE

KASE
- Ability to solo a cube

If you happen to be a player who is incapable of killing 3 probe spawns solo in KASE, or a pair of BoPs in CSE and then rage you are not just an elitist jackwagon, but also a baddie and a hindrance to your group. That is not my fault, nor do I need to cater to your lack of ability and spend 30 minutes in the STF just to carry you by doing it 'your way'.

Thank you for your time.
As a tac BoP, I can conceivably do everything here except the raptors in CSE and Donatra's torp spread. I think you're underestimating the crunchiness of those raptors. I have pugged CSE many times, and I have yet to see a good player take on all three raptors and kill them before they reach Kang. I could manage 1 or 2, but not three. The Birds of Prey are no match for me, but those Raptors are far tougher than they look.

Oh, and your part in ISE about 'ability to kill a generator and do 50% of required damage to transformer' is bunk. I've done PREMADES in ISE and haven't seen anyone quite reach this level. You're being an elitist twit, and nobody likes it. I'd love to see a video of you doing all these things, if you're so awesome.
Commander
# 19
08-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
As a tac BoP, I can conceivably do everything here except the raptors in CSE and Donatra's torp spread. I think you're underestimating the crunchiness of those raptors. I have pugged CSE many times, and I have yet to see a good player take on all three raptors and kill them before they reach Kang. I could manage 1 or 2, but not three. The Birds of Prey are no match for me, but those Raptors are far tougher than they look.

Oh, and your part in ISE about 'ability to kill a generator and do 50% of required damage to transformer' is bunk. I've done PREMADES in ISE and haven't seen anyone quite reach this level. You're being an elitist twit, and nobody likes it. I'd love to see a video of you doing all these things, if you're so awesome.
Taking the raptors requires gw or tr. You can't simple dps them, believe me, I've tried. I do agree, however, that the transformer part is bunk.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Captain
# 20
08-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dood98998 View Post
Taking the raptors requires gw or tr. You can't simple dps them, believe me, I've tried. I do agree, however, that the transformer part is bunk.
I don't really have room for Gravity Well or Tyken's Rift. Otherwise you bet your ass I'd be using them

As a Tac BoP (Hegh'ta), my Commander and LTC spots are devoted to Tactical Abilities. My two LT slots are devoted to Engineering and Science. I could put an eng/sci in the LTC or Commander spots, but that reduces my DPS effectiveness, a tradeoff I'm not particularly willing to make

If I were flying a Ning'Tao, I'd probably have room then, but I'd be even squishier due to low hull and shield modifier.