Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
08-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
( I have 3 purple Grav doffs and max skills so I usual spawn 3 wells and they are very powerful) - which is needed for the 70% of the time someone blows things early on the bonus day
o.O

You can only have 1 GW DOff slotted at a time...

But agree with your overall post, ISE can usually be saved even in bad PUGS (occasionally even the optional).
Empire Veteran
# 22
08-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Here's the test: if you can't do the time-warp from Night of the Comet manually you're not allowed to do an Elite STF.
If that ends up being the test, good. I can do it, even in a huge, clunky Bortas.

Captain
# 23
08-11-2012, 09:37 PM
I prefer the MRML method for one simple reason.

If the team lacks the DPS/co-ordination to pull it off you find it out alot faster than with the other method. I've come to expect 1 in 3 fails minimum so I'd rather waste as little time as possible finding out.
Empire Veteran
# 24
08-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Forgive my acronym noobness but what does MRML stand for?
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
08-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Simplest answer seems to be this

Make ELITE difficulty restricted to VA /LG level 50
And open normal to anyone over the rank of captain EXCEPT VA's
Captain
# 26
08-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Simplest answer seems to be this

Make ELITE difficulty restricted to VA /LG level 50
And open normal to anyone over the rank of captain EXCEPT VA's
How does that differ from the existing setup of L44 Normal and L50 Elite?

Look at existing implementation before ruining everyone's day with nonsensical instructions.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel

Last edited by carmenara; 08-12-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
08-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Whats to justify

ok anyone below VA 50 has no use for mk XII items anyway (can't use them)
by restricting that content to maxed out VA's we clear ALL three problems

1 "they don't have the powers" well all VA's have the powers
2 "they aren't skilled enough" well they aren't going to get any better are they
3 "VA's keep messing up the normals" well there they go into elites

opening the stfs up to captains allows the people who NEED to be learning them to learn them

its a better option

And if you don't like my suggestion come up with a better one (remembering that mine DOES solve the problems AND keep the elite mission clear of underpowered underskilled types)
Captain
# 28
08-12-2012, 02:10 AM
It doesn't keep the low-spec VAs from entering Elite queues which is exactly the problem the entire 'serious' STF community is facing. The Elite maps are already restricted to Level 50 in case you haven't noticed.

Start thinking out of the box and as a game programmer and stop forcing your "WE MUST CHANGE EVERYTHING NOW" ideas down everyone's throats.

The solution to the underpowered ships is relatively simple in other MMOs but Cryptic has no such functionality right now to gear-gate / ship tier gate the public queues.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
08-12-2012, 02:15 AM
im talking about letting lower levels PRACTICE
from captain
Commander
# 30
08-12-2012, 04:37 AM
to the mainquestion what typ of mission will help to not fail a dps only mission?

its easyer to handle if anyone will be kicked from the mission who not have 125 weapon power all will be nice.

in all runs what i have seen failing it was still the same players not able to bring 2 nuuby bops down, that says if they can not handle 2 bops what happens if 3 raptors comes? big drama.