Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Career Officer
Maybe older forum members will recognize me, i have created two (?) years ago a Stardate clock for the community.

Unfortunately the website hosting the file has been shutdown and it has been lost. But as the title said, i recover the file on a backup server that i forgot

So good news, the Stardate Clock is back like a phenix and i take mesure to prevent to lost the file again.

For those who don't know the Stardate Clock, here is a presentation of the tool:
Quote:
The Stardate Clock is a widget for Windows Sidebar which allows you to know at anytime what time is it on Star Trek?s format (current or that of Star Trek Online). But the principal utility will be to organize roleplay events in real or ingame (by chosing the stellar calendar of the ?The Next Generation? serie?s or the current one in Star Trek Online).

An option pane is available in this widget which allow you to convert time in a way or the orther.

Stardate Clock's options

The two conversion options are:
  • This time: If you choose this option, you can convert a date from our calendar to stardate, however the date musn?t exceed the year 2020.
  • STO Time: This option allows to convert a date of STO?s period of our calendar (so in DD/MM/YYYY format) to stardate, the date must be between 2322 and 2430.

This is because there is 3 STO calendars, which is an extrapolation of our gregorian calendar, another using a different Stardate format under TOS (quite chaotic because no real time reference) and that used for TNG (and apparently in STO because the dates stick).
You can download the Stardate Clock here:
Quote:
Stardate Clock for Windows Sidebar (Windows Vista or 7 required)
You can also find it on my blog (it's a french blog but the page is in english too ).

Have fun in Star Trek Online!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Blog (in French) : www.anthodev.fr

Last edited by anthodev; 10-01-2012 at 02:19 PM.