Career Officer
# 11
08-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Oh I think you're confused. I don't want any of this. I was just trying it out for the lulz. Beams or turrets are what you do on a Bortas if you're sort of retarded. Ok, profoundly retarded.

But they ARE pretty! and us tarts LIKE that sort of thing. And if your curious turrets with scatter will outdo beams. Its a shame they both blow so its sorta like saying "My turtle can beat your turtle in a race!" and being proud of it.

And CRF 1? is that a joke? This explains why you like beams.

Cheers! Thanks for pulling my leg I really needed it!
Pretty sure my Bortas beam boat can out dps your Bortas cannon boat. There is a parse floating around in archives to back that up.

Regardless, go with what makes you happy and damn what is or is not the best way to do things. The game is not that hard.
You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online!
Commander
# 12
08-07-2012, 03:14 PM
for a full drain build i still use max beams so for you 8x beam+ fire at will if it is possible 2x.
Rihannsu
# 13
08-07-2012, 05:13 PM
yeah, there are NO Boff skills that effect turrets.... That is a significant limitation of a turret build in itself.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 14
08-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
yeah, there are NO Boff skills that effect turrets.... That is a significant limitation of a turret build in itself.
Well, the cannon Boff does allow a faster cooldown buff if you want to run a single CRF3/CSV3 or CRF2/CSV2 so you can load up other attack patterns. Basically the same advantage you get with beam based Boffs.
Career Officer
# 15
08-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Turrets are effectively a type of cannon and are therefore boosted by CRF & CSV.
Captain
# 16
08-12-2012, 08:32 AM
KDF is the only side that can make an 8-beam ship work well ... if you have the plasmonic leech.

Its a simple setup:

8 beams.
Plasmonic Leech
Emg power to shields and emg power to weapons -> keep them constantly cycled.

and set the lt cmdr. slot universal as science. Use two power siphon and keep them constantly on. The rest of the sci slots are shield heals.

The beauty of dual siphons is the duration of the siphon overlaps into the next one. So for 10~15 seconds between the use of the siphons you will be receiving the power bonuses of both siphon powers. that can be as much as +35 power!

Doffs: 3X doffs that trigger power to ship when emg power abilities are used and 2 doffs that lower the re-use timer of the emg-power abilities.

Power settings to run is 70 weapons, 60 shield, 25 engine, rest in aux.

(settings may vary based on your capt. skills)

With this system your bortas will be at 100/100/60/100 power almost all the time. Weapon power does dip every two cycles or so but it is brief. Equip two EPS 70% consoles.

...and if you use polaron beams with omega 2-set bonus to gain tetryon glider....

well, you get a very, very mean beam boat.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg