Career Officer
I am curious to know if this whole zen/c-points thing with peanut labs is just a big waste of time; where people just fall in the trick to give info for money that they will never see.

I've tried to see if this was another waste of time or not, and completed few surveys, getting 3 zen here, 5 there; for a total of probably 15 or so.

Then I saw that they had this cool 1300 zen for a subscription to Netflix.....so I told myself that I will use Netflix anyway, so I went ahead and subscribed to Netflix.

Well, in the end I got no zen for the transaction.

My first thought is that the free thing works only if you get few zen at time; while for big transaction, you get nothing....they will find a bunch of excuses to justify the fact that you didn't got the zen that you expected; but in the meantime they have got the referral trough my transaction.

I hope that it was just a mistake from their side....we will see what happens (I've opened a ticket with their support system).

If this is the case, I wonder how many users here had similar issue, and if they ever got the zen that were promised by peanut lab

Otherwise I would like to warn Cryptic/PW and all the users about the issue with peanut labs; so you guys are aware that something is not right, and every one can take a stance and decide if there are basis to start a legal action (other companies has been persecuted pretty hard for false advertising involving data collected from users).

I am playing this game since closed beta, I am sure that Cryptic/PW would never allow any kind of mess with companies using their name and IP.

I hope that this is just a big mistake, but in the meantime I am looking around to see what is the general feedback about peanut lab and their free zen offers, from other users.

Thanks in advance.
Career Officer
# 2
08-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Zen? They pay out in... peanuts of course.

Some if not most of the surveys are allegedly just a con by way of getting information from you and then purposefully informing you that you're not the demographic (after the fact) or through an on-page script which makes it impossible to complete successfully.

Plenty of people have issues with them, while others have none. Just be careful giving away your personal information and remember, its not a guaranteed payout process (despite what it may convey in the LARGE TEXT).
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Republic Veteran
# 3
08-12-2012, 03:27 PM
You talking about that big, constantly present, never rotates to something else, ugly banner at the top of the forums? I clicked on that once, only once. My web browser sat there for about a minute trying to load the page, then displayed the lovely "could not load page, are you sure the address was correct?" message. I passed it off as a scam that weaseled it's way onto my Star Trek Online forums and haven't clicked it since.

I did run two different malware scans, a virus scan and a drive cleanup scan right after though. You know, just to be on the safe side.
Captain
# 4
08-12-2012, 03:55 PM
I got lucky one weekend earning over 800 Zen.

I haven't seen another Zen since.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Captain
# 5
08-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I did the netflix one and I did get the zen for it.......one month later.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Available now!
Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Lieutenant
# 6
08-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Did you have to do the whole Netflix free month or could you cancel after a week and still get the zen?
Commander
# 7
08-13-2012, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage2 View Post
Did you have to do the whole Netflix free month or could you cancel after a week and still get the zen?
I did the netflix deal there.. I had the zen in about 4 days, cancelled the sub a week later (although as it is a 1-month trial, you still get to keep netflix for the 30 days even after cancelling).

IF you do that one, you still need a credit card that you can spare them to hold $10 on for about 2 days though
Captain
# 8
08-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage2 View Post

I subscribed couldnt download the Silverlight program, and deleted the sub a minute later.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Available now!
Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-13-2012, 07:57 AM
I've posted this many times (but some people seem to think the sun shines out of Peanut Labs'....nacelles and inssit on handing over their personal information anyway). They are scam and spam companies, they are not legitimate businesses, do not hand personal details to them for goodness sake! The mere act of enticing customers to hand over personal information in this manner is nothing short of reckless on Perfect World, and by extension Cryptic's, part.
Republic Veteran
# 10
08-13-2012, 06:15 PM
I did the netflix thing a little while back, it took a half day but I did get my zen...including the netflix I have made what 3500 or more zen.