Login

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 291
05-16-2009, 05:36 PM
I've been avoiding this thread until it ended for obvious reasons. Now it has ended.
Lt. Commander
# 292
05-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Quote:
They may be slightly off color, but the lines match exactly.
I'm talking about the non-straight lines. Unless you're a bat you can easily see lines that aren't straight or are too small or otherwise are different.

Whether you're blinded by jealousy or what I don't know but looking at it it's pretty obvious that if he did trace it he did a poor job of it.

Quote:
Principles. Standards. A general unwillingness to be bamboozled.
That was accomplished by the first person saying "I think X was traced, here's the photographic proof in the form of an animated gif" everything beyond that and the constant harping is jealousy and petulant anger and an attempt at defamation and an illogical desire to totally humiliate someone who already lost a competition.

It's childish and petty and it's done. The contest is done, they didn't win any way, get over yourselves and worry about something more important. Worry about Cryptic delaying Champions online release and giving a stock answer, worry about Atari cashing in their distribution options in order to get more funds, worry about their stock dropping 50% in the last 8 months, worry about the fact that they don't feel the need to show off STO and CO at E3 (the 1st big industry event of the year).

Worry about something that has absolutely anything to do with you personally and could affect the release date of this game or it's eventual release at all. If you're gonna whine and moan and attack someone about something you have no control over then whine and attack the financial people at Atari.

Quote:
Because I dont support rule breaking and actually expect Cryptic to enforce their own rules?
You know who else was a rule breaker? Captain James Tiberius Kirk....just puttin it out there...
Lt. Commander
# 293
05-17-2009, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
You know who else was a rule breaker? Captain James Tiberius Kirk....just puttin it out there...
Go ahead and use that excuse for exploiting in game and see how the Devs react
Lt. Commander
# 294
05-17-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm really trying to not say anything mean. If there is nothing nice to say then don't say anything but honestly Grand Nagus.... why? Do you have nothing better to do then this? The contest has been over for a while now and you still go on. Even when the results were pretty evident a few days ago, you still pressed on and on and on.

PLEASE! EVERYONE! NEW TOPIC! It's just a contest. Please relax and try to support one another instead of badger people's entries until the end of time.

I don't understand what the big deal was anyway, it seemed to me that the one comic with a Borg cube flying in and a ship going to warp was just 3 pictures copied straight into a comic but i didn't complain. Why? because i had the freedom to NOT VOTE FOR IT. Simple as that.
Please everyone, try to be better sports next time. PLEASE. Keep it fun and civil.
Lt. Commander
# 295
05-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reco88 View Post
I'm really trying to not say anything mean. If there is nothing nice to say then don't say anything but honestly Grand Nagus.... why? Do you have nothing better to do then this? The contest has been over for a while now and you still go on. Even when the results were pretty evident a few days ago, you still pressed on and on and on.

PLEASE! EVERYONE! NEW TOPIC! It's just a contest. Please relax and try to support one another instead of badger people's entries until the end of time.

I don't understand what the big deal was anyway, it seemed to me that the one comic with a Borg cube flying in and a ship going to warp was just 3 pictures copied straight into a comic but i didn't complain. Why? because i had the freedom to NOT VOTE FOR IT. Simple as that.
Please everyone, try to be better sports next time. PLEASE. Keep it fun and civil.
You mean you really dont get it? The reason people call out things like this is to prevent them in the FUTURE. It is verly likely that while Cryptic did not comment on the issue of tracing in this contest(since the entry in quesiton was already chosen and being voted for), any FUTURE drawing contests will have rules that address tracing. And FYI, that is a GOOD thing.

For some odd reason, in EVERY contest that Cryptic has had thus far, there has been some kind of "questionable entry". Personally, I dont understand why Cryptic has such a hard time selecting winners that follow THEIR OWN rules; after all, THEY made them. Either way, the only way Cryptic is ever going to correct their mistakes is if people bring them to their attention.

What really blows my mind is the fact that every time someone calls out someone else for cheating, there are people like yourself that actually defend it. I'm not talking about the people who say the cheating didnt occur, I'm talking about people who ACKNOWLEDGE it, and actually DEFEND it.
Lt. Commander
# 296
05-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What really blows my mind is the fact that every time someone calls out someone else for cheating, there are people like yourself that actually defend it. I'm not talking about the people who say the cheating didnt occur, I'm talking about people who ACKNOWLEDGE it, and actually DEFEND it.
Must you rain on every parade here? Just vote for the one you like, congratulate the participators chosen and move on. Remember what happened last time? We were threatened with random selected entries... I don't want that and I would appreciate it if we could just be happy with what Cryptic selects without finding fault in others. If you really wanna complain about it, do it in PM's so you don't clutter up the threads with useless posts.
Lt. Commander
# 297
05-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO View Post
Must you rain on every parade here? Just vote for the one you like, congratulate the participators chosen and move on. Remember what happened last time? We were threatened with random selected entries... I don't want that and I would appreciate it if we could just be happy with what Cryptic selects without finding fault in others. If you really wanna complain about it, do it in PM's so you don't clutter up the threads with useless posts.
With all due respect, are you nuts? Rather than blame the people who break the rules, you blame the people who expose them? You have some pretty twisted morals. Someone who breaks the rules deserves NO congratulations whatsoever, and to simply ignore cheating only promotes further cheating. And while your talking about useless posts, consider how much more useless replying to a useless post is and you will realize your own hypocrisy.
Lt. Commander
# 298
05-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Heeheehee...

Quote:
For some odd reason, in EVERY contest that Cryptic has had thus far, there has been some kind of "questionable entry".
See, here's the thing - it's not just Cryptic. Every creativity contest for every MMO that I've seen so far has had at least one "questionable entry." And as I'd mentioned in the last contest, I'm convinced that there will always be a "questionable entry," regardless as to whether or not any of the entries are, in fact, questionable. :p

Quote:
With all due respect, are you nuts? Rather than blame the people who break the rules, you blame the people who expose them? You have some pretty twisted morals. Someone who breaks the rules deserves NO congratulations whatsoever, and to simply ignore cheating only promotes further cheating. And while your talking about useless posts, consider how much more useless replying to a useless post is and you will realize your own hypocrisy.
The contest is over. The accused did not win - probably in large part because of the accusations. Whether or not he "cheated" (and, honestly, I don't think he did) is moot at this point. But by all means, rant and rail - for some of us, it's fun to watch
Lt. Commander
# 299
05-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Oh, yeah, and congratulations to Parallax (number 6, right?).
Lt. Commander
# 300
05-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrific View Post
Heeheehee...

See, here's the thing - it's not just Cryptic. Every creativity contest for every MMO that I've seen so far has had at least one "questionable entry." And as I'd mentioned in the last contest, I'm convinced that there will always be a "questionable entry," regardless as to whether or not any of the entries are, in fact, questionable. :p
Sadly, it has been beyond question in some past contests(*cough*word limit*cough*), and it is turning into an overall pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrific View Post
The contest is over. The accused did not win - probably in large part because of the accusations. Whether or not he "cheated" (and, honestly, I don't think he did) is moot at this point. But by all means, rant and rail - for some of us, it's fun to watch
Different people have posted "against" the rule breakers in the various contests, and they have done so for their own reasons. My only reason has only been that hopefully Cryptic will be just a LITTLE more thoughtful in their choice of winners in future contets. And despite the way some people have chosen to make their case, I have always done so without "flipping out". If you want to call that 'ranting and railng', then your own post would fit that same definition
Closed Thread