Survivor of Romulus
# 11
08-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Keep in mind though that people dislike load screens, especially since they are longer on Foundry missions, and some won't have the patience for very long missions. So remember just because you can use 15 maps doesn't mean you should.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 12
08-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Keep in mind though that people dislike load screens, especially since they are longer on Foundry missions, and some won't have the patience for very long missions. So remember just because you can use 15 maps doesn't mean you should.
hehe Yeah, I know; I try to keep others in mind when I do my Foundry mission. For example, in that "Cold Comfort" Cryptic mission, one thing I hated was, if you got a wrong answer when interrogating Tran, you literally failed the entire mission and had to start all over again.

I refuse to have a "Failure" possibility anywhere on my mission.

I'll definitely keep the maps to a minimum, but it was definitely nice to get a number on how many maps could be used, mainly just to satisfy my own personal curiousity.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
08-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Well I should say though that at the end of the day, make the mission you want to make. If you want it to be 15 maps and 7 hours long, that's entirely up to you You may not get good reviews, mind, but how much you care about reviews is also up to you.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic