0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 301
05-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrific View Post
Oh, yeah, and congratulations to Parallax (number 6, right?).
QFE. Not only do I love his artistic style, I love his humor as well. My only question is in another thread he claimed that the "TOS" comic was his contest submission and the "TNG" comic was just another one he did. I had hoped to see the "TOS" one win, as I actually thought it was a bit funner. Eithe way congratulations to the winner and I hope to see more of his work!

PS: Parallax, how about some comics based on the new movie?
Lt. Commander
# 302
05-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Sadly, it has been beyond question in some past contests(*cough*word limit*cough*), and it is turning into an overall pattern

Different people have posted "against" the rule breakers in the various contests, and they have done so for their own reasons. My only reason has only been that hopefully Cryptic will be just a LITTLE more thoughtful in their choice of winners in future contets. And despite the way some people have chosen to make their case, I have always done so without "flipping out". If you want to call that 'ranting and railng', then your own post would fit that same definition

I'm not saying i don't agree with you, especially about the word count incident, as i entered that contest too and was a little sad to see that happen, but my next post in that forum wasn't mud slinging and trashing his entry like you have done here. I congratulated the winner for his creativity and MOVED ON. Not like i'm doing much moving on here as i'm still here trying to convince you to change your own ways like others are but oh well....
I know the truth, that #9 didn't trace because I've seen his layers of work and his methods for creating such fine work. And as I've said before to 9's creator. Any one who wants to call him out on tracing, just take it as a compliment of his artistic talent and leave it at that. Everyone obviously thinks it's perfect enough to compare to a real picture so good job!
I think the only reason i'm so upset by everyone's rude comments is i know how excited he was to make the top 10 and how everyone just wants to rain on his parade for no valid reason.

Oh well... on to the next contest!
Lt. Commander
# 303
05-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reco88 View Post
but my next post in that forum wasn't mud slinging and trashing his entry like you have done here.
I have done no "mud slinging" or "trashing"; perhaps you are confusing my posts with someone else's. Not everyone who appears to be on the same side of an issue does the exact same things, you know. And FYI, I was not the one who originaly called out the person in question as tracing. But considering the evidence the person who did call it out presented, I have an extremely hard time believing it was not traced. Either way, though, my goal in posting in this thread was to motivate Cryptic to establish rules regarding tracing, one way or another, for future contests.
Lt. Commander
# 304
05-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Does the contestant who entered entry number 9 have any of his other freehand work online that we could perhaps take a look at and compare? I'm going to wager he does not, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 305
05-17-2009, 10:25 PM
nothing to see here people, Move alone

Please no feeding the troll(s) If we all let it go, they should go back under their bridge and won't hurt anyone
Lt. Commander
# 306
05-18-2009, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldaria View Post
nothing to see here people, Move alone

Please no feeding the troll(s) If we all let it go, they should go back under their bridge and won't hurt anyone
Its always fairly amusing how the people who think certain discussions should end still feel the need to post in them, which only prolongs the discussion
Lt. Commander
# 307
05-18-2009, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Its always fairly amusing how the people who think certain discussions should end still feel the need to post in them, which only prolongs the discussion
Wait a minute - I thought this was a "last poster wins" thread...?
Lt. Commander
# 308
05-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Indeed - I also always thoroughly enjoy when they really have nothing to add other than the typical troll "call-out".

Again, I say show me some of contestant 9's original freehand work, in the same or at least similar medium, and I'll be happy to rescind my accusation of tracing with a hearty apology to boot.
Lt. Commander
# 309 Comic Number 6
05-18-2009, 05:53 AM
Number 6 is my choice. Hilarious.

Great job to all though

Be Well,

Henwg
Lt. Commander
# 310 Close a thread with Panache'
05-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Somebody above is ..Right ..Awen forgot to close it.. or was it Rekhan's the OP responsibility..
To End the Contest

You Should see the final Closed Thread Notice with a Banner of the Winning Submission.

Or a New Ship gif? Thank You for helping Build the Community Spirit or Something creative?

STO: Soon with Romulans.
Closed Thread