Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Captain
# 11
08-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Well the problem with idiot proofing the game is if they go to far in that direction they end up with a game that is only appealing to idiots.
They could put whatever effect they like so long as they provide an option for those of us who neither need it nor want it to simply be able to turn it off.
I agree. Many, many years ago I played flight sims. One of them had a manual that was something like 200 pages. On the other hand, you could switch all the options to "unrealistic" and you'd basically have an arcade game. It would be nice if you could implement something like this in STO for things like this.
Captain
# 12
08-14-2012, 07:54 PM
I wonder why they've never emphasized using the Scan Ability as much as making the important stuff go all Blinky Blinky? Knocks me right out of immersion when I see some of the effects now.

Please Devs give us the option to turn this off. I have been finding my own arse with my own hands and no outside help for years now. It's never blinked or candle flamed once. I know. I checked. If I can learn to do this, so can others, rofl.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
08-16-2012, 03:52 AM
It's all good, we only have to live with this for a few months till they come out with an even more intrusive and "idiot proof" animation for them.
Career Officer
# 14
08-17-2012, 10:28 AM
They are better than the cogs but would prefer the console only without the fire effect...
Captain
# 15
08-17-2012, 05:58 PM
We just need an option to turn the effect off.
If we have that, we won't need to know what kind of stupid effect they choose to put in the game.
At this stage I don't expect to see the effect changed or removed, that would be an admission that putting something like this in was a mistake. I'm sure there is some game coder at Cryptic stubbornly standing behind his or her belief that the average player here is too dim-witted to find things in game without making them ridiculously obvious.