Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 1 can't select doffs for mission
08-13-2012, 03:56 PM
when I go to select doffs for a mission, I am unable to select the doffs required. for instance, if a mission requires a security officer, I can't actually select the security officer even though I have several available. I just get a blank screen at the doff selection screen. anyone else having this problem?

Screenshot:

http://imgur.com/CNJHS
Lieutenant
# 2
08-14-2012, 07:03 AM
are you sure that the doffs you have are for your faction? You can not use KDF doffs on FED char.

cryptic bugged the doff pictures a couple of patches ago so that its even harder to distinguish the faction of the doffs, especial when buying in the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Do any of your duty officers have the trait 'resolve'? The description clearly says it requires 'resolve', which is why if you lack any resolve bearing officers (that are available) you will get none showing up.

Unfortunately, unlike when you just lack the proper 'department' or 'skill' officer (like Fabrication Engineer), the system is bugged to let you try and start the mission even though you lack the officer without the trait required to actually start it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagurazaka77 View Post
Do any of your duty officers have the trait 'resolve'? The description clearly says it requires 'resolve', which is why if you lack any resolve bearing officers (that are available) you will get none showing up.

Unfortunately, unlike when you just lack the proper 'department' or 'skill' officer (like Fabrication Engineer), the system is bugged to let you try and start the mission even though you lack the officer without the trait required to actually start it.
This is probably the problem.

If it is not, and you have the problem with all missions, you may want to try to click the 'show entire reserve' to see if you can choose from there.

Another problem I've had in the past is that occasionally my screen will look like that, and I have to click on the listed requirement in order to get the officers to show up in the left. (although it looks like it's highlighted from your screenshot).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Ensign
# 5
08-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagurazaka77 View Post

Yeah, they do have resolve as a requirement everytime I can't pick a mission. I had a feeling it might have something to do with that because I kept seeing it.

Thanks for the help. At least now I know what's going on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-15-2012, 12:19 AM
NP. Glad you have it settled. I kept trying to pick those up for weeks and was like till I realized what exactly was going on and was really frustrated that it won't even let you try and start ones if you don't have commodities or profession or department, but somehow they missed trait.
Ensign
# 7
11-23-2013, 11:36 AM
Just stumbled across this thread. How do find/get DOFFs with resolve? What types of missions/fields provide this trait?