Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Starbase Request Thread
08-02-2012, 08:26 PM
So, this is for Starbase Requests (figured it should go in Art, but if not please move it to where it needs to be)
  • Admiral's Office (there is an office to the side of Tactical, but I think there needs to be one in Ops that is similar to the one in ESD)
  • Fleet Awards (and Trophies), as well as a place to display them (it seems Both Starbases have places for them)
  • Crew Deck (with rooms that can be assigned to individual Fleet Members and can be decorated to the Fleet Member's desires)
  • Shuttle Bay
  • Ability to "Beam" to Shipyard and Industrial Fabricator (With appropriate Contacts at each)

Last edited by switchngc; 08-05-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Esp for the ship yard or equipment .. out at the fab for ship based stuff would make sense!
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Got another. Maybe a room like we saw in Kirk's "trial" and promotion in the New Star Trek Movie for something like Fleet Meetings (particularly good for larger fleets, but could be utilized for most any fleet
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2012, 11:08 AM
A nice sized meeting room or a lecture hall would be nice.
Also, the main 'lobby' of the starbase is just too empty. They need to put something there like fleet trophy.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-15-2012, 04:16 AM
Some more requests:
  • Exchange (even if it is at T4 or T5)
  • Security Officer (for the Transfer Prisoners and Turn Over Contraband missions) like at ESD and DS9
  • Trade Officer (like on DS9)
Ensign
# 6 Starbase Request - Quarters
08-19-2012, 05:43 AM
Instead of a whole corridor of quarters you could just use the turbolift and where the Tactical, Science and Engineering options are there is a Personnel Quarters option which takes you to your own personnel Quarters and to get to someone elses Quarters you will have to be invited. You can chose what your Quarters look like in the way you chose the bridge of your ship.
=/\= LLAP =/\=
Join date Jan 2010
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domparis View Post
Instead of a whole corridor of quarters you could just use the turbolift and where the Tactical, Science and Engineering options are there is a Personnel Quarters option which takes you to your own personnel Quarters and to get to someone elses Quarters you will have to be invited. You can chose what your Quarters look like in the way you chose the bridge of your ship.
Well, with the Crew Deck I was thinking that it be an actual Deck, like Tactical, Science, ect. You would have a door that led to and instanced room which would be your quarters (or invited quarters) but also move the Bar and Chef there and have an actual Mess Hall (the KDF have one already that looks REALLY nice, but it looks like the Fed one was just an afterthought) and also have the Club move down there so there is room to make it a decent club not just a small dance floor in the corner. You could also give the counselor an actual office so she isn't just standing around (I think if I was going to meet with a counselor, I may want to meet in an office, not a common area). Then that whole upper area of the Ops section could be a large meeting room of sorts.

And give the Feds some working seats PLEASE!
Ensign
# 8
08-20-2012, 01:27 AM
I really like the idea of the crew deck with instanced quarters and a mess hall etc down there. I think that would be great.

I think you could significantly shrink the "main" lobby area of the ops center and make it maybe a little more functional and not just a huge open space. I definitely like the idea of adding an admiral's office or even a few offices since many fleets have more than one 'command' person. Perhaps an admirals office on the ops level and then a few on the engineering and science levels.

For the main area, like I was saying before cut down the size of the big lobby area considerably. Maybe cut it in half and have the other half of it be something similar to what's in ESD or what we've seen in the shows/movies where you have kind of the "control room" that looks out on the big internal ship hangar. That's one of my favorite parts of a starbase. You could also move the ship selection officer and ship 'store' to that location.

And one other thing I've noticed. My fleet did the project to 'open the windows' and the ones on the lobby all opened up, but the window in the office on the tactical level is still closed
Ensign
# 9
08-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
Well, with the Crew Deck I was thinking that it be an actual Deck, like Tactical, Science, ect. You would have a door that led to and instanced room which would be your quarters (or invited quarters) but also move the Bar and Chef there and have an actual Mess Hall (the KDF have one already that looks REALLY nice, but it looks like the Fed one was just an afterthought) and also have the Club move down there so there is room to make it a decent club not just a small dance floor in the corner. You could also give the counselor an actual office so she isn't just standing around (I think if I was going to meet with a counselor, I may want to meet in an office, not a common area). Then that whole upper area of the Ops section could be a large meeting room of sorts.

And give the Feds some working seats PLEASE!
Yeah that idea would work really well. Then if the area up where the bartender is would become a meeting room then the current conference room could be the fleet leaders office.
=/\= LLAP =/\=
Join date Jan 2010
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
Some more requests:
  • Exchange (even if it is at T4 or T5)
  • Security Officer (for the Transfer Prisoners and Turn Over Contraband missions) like at ESD and DS9
  • Trade Officer (like on DS9)
Yes!.... We need an Exchange! I noticed that this morning that it is not listed in any of the SB projects

and Yes, I am lazy ......I don't want to make the trip to the old, run-down K-7 Starbase to use their Exchange!

Thx