Empire Veteran
# 11
08-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Marauder is my favourite ship. Excellent tanker (possibly best KDF side imo due to boff layout). I can take on Elite Donatra and tac cubes by myself, get and keep its aggro and stay alive until it dies.

Sure it's ugly but it does grow on you. It's beautiful in it's uniqueness.

See my sig for my build.
No need to use hanger for heals, use it for dps boost (or free stuff with slavers).

Fleet corsair is too sci heavy to be as good a tanker as the Marauder imo and the Corsair refit you sacrifice hull so again not as tanky.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Career Officer
# 12
08-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Here's a look at the ship for you. With CANNONS!! STF and a Fleet Star Base Alert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBo6o...ature=youtu.be

Why Cannons and Torpedoes? Because its how the KDF makes things go BOOM! And just because someone may bring this up........

If you simply MUST run this ship in the Blockade Event, just get two tactical teams and two extend shields. You don't ever even need to engage the NPC's. Just get into range to use TT and extend on the freighter. If the NPC's target you just run your own defenses. Keep engine power and throttle jammed high the entire time. Profit.

EDIT: Interesting to note, the ship I use is fitted out in all white common gear. So you can be assured that it works as is. Better gear is just a bonus I suppose, and it is fun to get!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.

Last edited by thissler; 08-14-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Thank you for all the replies, has helped me out a great deal, I think once my Orion Engineer is to level I will be purchasing the vessel.

I was planning on doing beams/mines, but the previous posters cannon/turret build has intrigued me, it'll be fun to test out the builds on this, I have no doubt you all will be hearing from me again in a few months when I start testing (What? I have several character, it'll be awhile before I get to this one).

Thanks again.
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.