Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Career Officer
# 21
08-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It will award Fleet Marks upon completion. The normal one does not.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Um, You do know that that foundry daily is easily and often exploited right?
This thread needs more dancing girls.

Master using it and you can have this!

Be black on the right side. Add properly colored Cheron to the game today!
Banned
# 22
08-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
"Of Bajor" is the most infuriating non-shuttle mission. Followed closely by the one where Q makes you fight the Borg over and over again.

I like the Foundry missions that have a story. Getting the dilithium quick isn't as rewarding as running a fun, story-driven Foundry like "Dereliction Duty" (one of my favorites), even if the story takes an hour or two to complete.
I agree, I enjoy missions with a real story more than I would doing an exploit mission. However, I would ALSO enjoy getting more rewards as I do that mission with a real story, based upon the length of time it takes. There is absolutely NO reason that those 2 things have to be mutually exclusive. You should be able to do a long story driven mission that you enjoy AND be rewarded for the time you spend doing it.
Career Officer
# 23
08-15-2012, 01:07 PM
I have no problem with continuing to exclude Fleet Marks from Foundry missions. However, they should be added to all queued missions, including PvP.
Career Officer
# 24
08-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It will award Fleet Marks upon completion. The normal one does not.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
So there will be 2 Dailies? One for Dil/Item, one for FM? Can you do them both per day?
Career Officer
# 25
08-15-2012, 01:15 PM
I think "Of Bajor" would have been great as a ground invasion zone with some tinkering, and a focus on Diplomatic/Marauding XP.

I agree it's bad as a mission. I'm not so dogmatic as to see missions as the only form of content.

In general, I'd like to see things shuffled more and would prefer more of a back and forth.

Ie. a mission that introduces a zone and a zone that unlocks a mission.
Commander
# 26
08-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo5oraptor View Post
I agree, I enjoy missions with a real story more than I would doing an exploit mission. However, I would ALSO enjoy getting more rewards as I do that mission with a real story, based upon the length of time it takes. There is absolutely NO reason that those 2 things have to be mutually exclusive. You should be able to do a long story driven mission that you enjoy AND be rewarded for the time you spend doing it.
Oh I agree with you on that. Sometimes I feel like I've spent more time than the dilithium is worth. More rewards based on time spent would be nice. I just don't know how they'd program that in.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
08-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo5oraptor View Post
Not everyone likes PvE or RP. Yet, PvPers are shafted because most (not all) don?t like to PvE but forced to grind if we want fleet marks. So yes, the exploit missions suits OUR needs not YOURS. If they start rewarding PvP missions fairly we (or at least myself) PvPers would be content.

Again season 6 was supposed to be our turn for content now its season 9 I have not and will not give crypic anymore money until we see PvP content and rewards for such content.

This is not a PvE vs PvP debate, this is a debate of how we are unfairly treated in this game.
-------------------------

Future Capt Gecko II Hitlers take on PvP
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
08-15-2012, 01:19 PM
So is this a special Foundry mission, as in one specific mission by one author that you have chosen to attach this reward to? Or is it a new version of the "Play 3 Missions" Foundry wrapper that simply awards Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium.

Both are cool by me, just curious.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Banned
# 29
08-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
Oh I agree with you on that. Sometimes I feel like I've spent more time than the dilithium is worth. More rewards based on time spent would be nice. I just don't know how they'd program that in.
Simple: once a mission has been played a certain amount of times, then the rewards are multiplied by the average completion time. That means the longer it takes to complete on average, the better rewards you get. It would also mean you get virtually nothing from the exploit missions.
Career Officer
# 30
08-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowestlvl View Post
what no dilithium bonus pewpew event? lame
Really!... we 7 full days bonus fleet marks and your first thought is to complain about not getting another in game currency?

Thanks Cryptic for the Event, sounds great.
I hope we see more of these
View all STO related podcasts by visiting the STO forum thread via: http://stoPodcasts.Info

twitter.com/MidNiteShadow7 - facebook.com/MidNiteShadow7 - gplus.to/MidNiteShadow7 - MidNiteShadow7 "at" StarFleet.com