Career Officer
I was wondering, with the SB contribution of DOFFs, is it really worth while to invest real world cash to purchase extra slots?

With a max of 400, but assigning them to SB duty, why would anyone need say more than 150 slots?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter1969 View Post
I was wondering, with the SB contribution of DOFFs, is it really worth while to invest real world cash to purchase extra slots?

With a max of 400, but assigning them to SB duty, why would anyone need say more than 150 slots?
I'm constantly finding myself hitting my current 200 ceiling on my main, since I rerun the support missions as often as possible and keep as many blue and purple doffs as possible so that I can continue to run missions to generate CXP to exchange for FleetCred.

So I could see some folks who are actually 'good' at the DOff system still needing the max.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-15-2012, 11:13 AM
I have 125 on my main, but the rest are still at 100, I don't notice a difference and probably wont purchase any additional slots, mainly because they are single unlocks, if they doubled the price and made them account wide, i'd probably go for that.

That being said, I do just fine with 100.
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
Career Officer
# 4
08-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Those are both interesting points of view.

I was trying to get a general consensus, as I am thinking of by additional slots for three of my toons, and my main is hitting max, and one of my alts is really close to max as well.

But thanks for the input.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-15-2012, 12:23 PM
My main has 400 slots and I have over 260 Purples (meaning I can run pretty much anything without failing and still have a very nice crit chance, even if 19 other projects are already going), and about 50 or so Blues. The rest of the space is available for Refugees and White DOFFs for the Starbase to eat. I really love my 400 slots and would honestly buy more if they would let me.
Career Officer
# 6
08-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
My main has 400 slots and I have over 260 Purples (meaning I can run pretty much anything without failing and still have a very nice crit chance, even if 19 other projects are already going), and about 50 or so Blues. The rest of the space is available for Refugees and White DOFFs for the Starbase to eat. I really love my 400 slots and would honestly buy more if they would let me.
400, really.... (shaking head)

I guess I stayed away from STO for too long