Captain
# 1 Science Abilities brainstorm
08-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Now since Cryptic has very tight schedule (probably more cruisers incomming lol / joke), let's make it a little easier for them. Just post your ideas how to fix/improve/add existing/new abilities to STO to fix science ship troubles.

Tachyon Beam
1,5x the base dmg, fix the DOFF - the turn debuff is barely noticeable even with all purple DOFFs, there seems to be a bug

Jam Sensors
Let the Sensor DOFF be usable on this at least, although I would prefer if the ability was simple accuracy debuff (Jam Targetting Sensors).

Photonic Shockwave
I would experiment with something that does not create huge numbers - 50% bleedthrough for example. I dislike the idea of long stuns personally.

Charged Particle Burst
What about the dreaded shield heal debuff ? (LOL don't stone me)

MES
It simply has no use in STO currently, I tested MES3 yesterday and it simple is not worth it no matter how you look at it / buff it.

I would change it to "science pattern omega", hugely improving defence/sci resistances of the user.

Tractor Beam II and III
There must be something usefull for them...of course after you have removed the II from danoobes :p. There is not much reason for players to train them. One idea would be to scale the tractor beam DOFF drain for various ranks.

---

Oh and something that might be or might not be a good idea. I would tripple the value on all science consoles, but make them unique so you can only have one of each type equiped.
Captain
# 2
08-15-2012, 11:19 PM
The Tach Beam DOff is particularly frustrating since I was really licking my lips when I discovered the thing... there's definitely some kind of bug involved, sometimes the "Warp Theorist" (why is it just named after the DOff anyway?) debuff stacks up to a ridiculous counter, like an hour long or something. IDK what's going on there.