Survivor of Romulus
Greetings all,

I was thinking about purchasing some Zen at my local Best Buy, as I have some reward certificates I can spend there.

However, while the PWE site says I can buy PWE Prepaid Cards at Best Buy,
https://billing.perfectworld.com/faq/store

I can't find them online at Best Buy(the folks on the phone at Best Buy said game cards can only be purchased in the store,) and the folks at the local Best Buy stores can't find them in their computer or shelves at stores within 50 miles.
I asked, and they can't order more of them, as they can not find them in the computer.

So, I found some articles online that state that folks have been looking for PWE game cards, and have had some trouble.

Is there currently a drought on PWE cards, and perhaps they will be coming out with new PWE Prepaid Cards (or even Star Trek themed Zen cards?!?!?)

Thank you-

Chris

PS:> I know I could buy Zen points online, but I was hoping to use Best Buy Rewards points.

Captain
# 2
08-15-2012, 02:13 PM
I have seen them at Best buy in the past but I usually buy them at Gamestop or Walgreens.

I bet they have them but dont know what they are looking for. The Cards are listed as PWE Gamecards. They have no mention of zen on them.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Available now!
Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Lieutenant
# 3
08-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raifin1701 View Post
Greetings all,

I was thinking about purchasing some Zen at my local Best Buy, as I have some reward certificates I can spend there.

However, while the PWE site says I can buy PWE Prepaid Cards at Best Buy,
https://billing.perfectworld.com/faq/store

I can't find them online at Best Buy(the folks on the phone at Best Buy said game cards can only be purchased in the store,) and the folks at the local Best Buy stores can't find them in their computer or shelves at stores within 50 miles.
I asked, and they can't order more of them, as they can not find them in the computer.

So, I found some articles online that state that folks have been looking for PWE game cards, and have had some trouble.

Is there currently a drought on PWE cards, and perhaps they will be coming out with new PWE Prepaid Cards (or even Star Trek themed Zen cards?!?!?)

Thank you-

Chris

PS:> I know I could buy Zen points online, but I was hoping to use Best Buy Rewards points.
Same with my local walmart that used to sell them, but today they no longer have them. no like they were sold out, but there wasn't even a spot open on the rack where they used to be for them. The employee in the electronics department said it was a "vendor" that came in and set them up, so if they are no longer there, then the vendor isn't supplying them anymore.
Career Officer
# 4
08-15-2012, 04:26 PM
I found some in Target.

Two different denominations.. $25 and $10 (I think)
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 5
08-15-2012, 04:50 PM
I believe the prepaid cards for Best Buy are only available at locations in Canada. Sorry Other locations can be found here: https://billing.perfectworld.com/faq/store

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Hmmmm,

Well that is certainly interesting!

I guess I need to find some Mountie friends to help me out.

(I wonder how that arrangement came to pass that only Canadian Best Buys would carry them.)

Thank you for the information Brandon!

Chris

Captain
# 7
08-15-2012, 08:34 PM
I've been getting mine at Electronics Boutique (Canadian GameStop) but they do sell them at the Best Buy here.Whatever is going on I'm sure it's temporary. I'm pretty sure PWE would not sit on it's hands and let a source of revenue dry up.
Empire Veteran
# 8
08-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I believe the prepaid cards for Best Buy are only available at locations in Canada. Sorry Other locations can be found here: https://billing.perfectworld.com/faq/store

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
You can get them at wallyworld (walmart) still though right... I swear I remember seeing some there just was never sure if they could be used when I saw them LOL.
Career Officer
# 9
08-16-2012, 02:04 AM
I bought some a couple months back at Wal*Mart up here in Ontario, Canada.... the game card displays are all over the Electronics Department. Found them in the one by the cash register. The employees didn't know they where there but vaguely remembered them.... Wal*Mart loves to shift stuff around... feel sorry for the employees.
Weyland Yutani Corp