Career Officer
# 11
08-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
I don't know where your belief in dps numbers comes from, but it comes across as profoundly ignorant.
Should I assume that this is the limit of your ability to have a conversation on this issue?

I've presented my thoughts, I've tried to be reasonable.

If you're unable to have an adult conversation without tossing unneeded insults and without giving any explanation, then I suppose we're finished here.
Captain
# 12
08-16-2012, 02:05 AM
well, my numbers are mostly for me, so I wont forget, and maybe someone has similar numbers.
I used my combatlog parser to check the data on different builds, and check other ppls stats (knowing it does not contain everything).

ussultimatum: can you point me towards a tutorial, or something for ACT? I checked it, installed it, and I like it more, than my previous one, but the numbers are slightly different, since it counts EncDPS, plus it shows more damage, than my other parser.
I mean, it is not much of a problem, that I see more damage dealt, but it would be nice to know why, and a tutorial might reveal that
Career Officer
# 13
08-16-2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
I don't know where your belief in dps numbers comes from, but it comes across as profoundly ignorant.
Quit trolling people you anal retentive pedant.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 14
08-16-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Should I assume that this is the limit of your ability to have a conversation on this issue?

If you're unable to have an adult conversation without tossing unneeded insults and without giving any explanation, then I suppose we're finished here.
Don't take too much offense. He just believes that the general use of DPS is outmoded.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-16-2012, 05:51 AM
No, [acc]x3 weapons are not worth it. Nor are the purple mk xii consoles.

However, if you upgrade everything from economic to max, then yes, you might notice a difference. But you really should equip everything at the same time instead of when you get them, or you'll never get to experience you're money's worth.
Don't fall for the fake advertising: Guild Wars 2 is a WoW clone and a poor one too.
Ensign
# 16
08-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post

*Claps* Good work.
Career Officer
# 17
08-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
ussultimatum: can you point me towards a tutorial, or something for ACT? I checked it, installed it, and I like it more, than my previous one, but the numbers are slightly different, since it counts EncDPS, plus it shows more damage, than my other parser.
I mean, it is not much of a problem, that I see more damage dealt, but it would be nice to know why, and a tutorial might reveal that
I'll send a PM later today with some tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Don't take too much offense. He just believes that the general use of DPS is outmoded.
Then I'd request that he post that, post an actual reasoned explanation and not one-line responses with the singular goal of being insulting.

It comes across as having no real argument other than "It's true because I have a festering pet peeve on this issue."

Last edited by ussultimatum; 08-16-2012 at 10:52 AM.